Airbnb alllowing hosts who falsify data

Aleksandra1
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Airbnb alllowing hosts who falsify data

Hi,

I have contacted Airbnb about this before but they seem uninterested. In Belgrade, Serbia where I am there was 8 places (last I checked) listed with a daily price of 9 to 13 euros per night which are listed as "Entire Home". Of these places, 3 have pictures of hostel beds meaning that not only are they not an "Entire Home" but a guest wouldn't even get a room to themselves. Another place in the title says "Room in a Home" or something similar which indicates that it is not an "Entire Home".

Is there anything that can be done to force these people to accurately represent their product? Since I am renting out an "Entire Home" in that price range, it effects me that users see the false spam.

4 Replies 4
Dobri0
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

Why do you worry about it?! 

It is very obvious what is it about... You try to offer the best you can and potential guests will notice that for sure! 🙂 

Apartmanii0
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

Just be better businessman.

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

On the right side of the listing, below the booking info, you'll see a flag that you can click to report them for being misleading.

A lot of hosts also face similar problems with guests who falsify information. It goes both ways and Airbnb is currently not doing a proper job of verifying hosts or guests alike. How do you think hosts feel when they get a reservation for 2 adults but at check- in the guest shows up as 3 adults and 2 children and a pet dog.