Airbnb and holiday rental companies

Will224
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb and holiday rental companies

Whilst doing a local search to check my property information etc. I found my property listed by another host who also hosts 900+ properties.  It was listed for one night stays, which we dont do also at a different price, with a host we had never heard of.  After further investigation and reporting it to Air BnB as a fraudulent listing, we later found out it was English Country Cottages, who we also advertise our property with.  We have worked very hard to gain super host status and we are very disappointed that Air BnB have excepted this listing from a massive holiday rental comapany who have no control over the hosting experience of our property.  We always though AirBnB was more personal and geared towards small property owners who wanted to rent out space.  Has any one else experienced this?  

Will & Paula

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Will224

AirBnB is a money making machine - for years now it has accepted 'professional hosts' with multiple properties and now they also accept listings from the likes of Country Cottages. This is nothing new.

Your contract with Country Cottages - what does it say about how they market your property? I am guessing you have given them the authority to market your property online and in a way that maximises your revenue. One night stays? Can Country Cottages sell one night stays for you on their own site? If not then contact them and tell them to change the listing details.

Yes I can see that now and yes Cottages have the right to advertise my property. When we signed up with them we told them we listed it on Airbnb and they wouldn’t touch Airbnb !!! How things change . We have told Cottages to take it down and we will not honour any bookings made for one night stays .

the other thing is they expect us to pay 18% commission 🤔