Airbnb as whole house minus master?

Airbnb as whole house minus master?

Im working on adding my personal house on airbnb it is a 4/2 fairly new home 2000 sq ft

anyways

my main question is how should i list or can i list my home as everything minus my master bathroom and master restroom essentially just hosting for a 3/1 

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jorge904 will you be on site, or are you just intending to lock the room and bathroom and leave when you have guests? If you're remaining on site, can you enter and exit your suite without going through the house?

If you will be on site in the house and you need to pass through the guests' areas, I would say you need to classify the space as a private room. If you're just locking up the space, I would classify that as a whole house and just specify that the master bed and bath won't be accessible during their stay. If you don't need to pass through communal areas to get to your suite, I would classify that as a guest suite and make sure you stipulate that you're on site during their stay in your description. 

I would be offsite just lock it down when i have bookings or weekends mainly when im out of town  is the plan

but i can list as a whole house though?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jorge904  Yes, you can list it as an entire place, just make it very clear in the listing that one bedroom and bathroom are off-limits and not for guest use.

But I really hope you have some outside security cameras that you can monitor, as well as one in your locked bedroom (and these must be disclosed in the listing info) and someone nearby who can act as a co-host, as you are only going to be renting this out when you are out-of-town. You could come back to a trashed house, guests throwing parties and disturbing the neighbors, breaking into your locked personal space, etc. You have to have some eyes and ears on the ground and guests need to be aware that there is someone around and paying attention who could turf them out if they misbehave. 

Most definitely will have people nearby i have alot of family in town so i ask them to keep an eye on it when im out and about

i do have cameras already on the outside for sure will add some wifi ones inside my room and closet 

im not worried about a trashed house im in a neighborhood were they would call the cops right away if a large party was unfolding might bump up that cleaning fee though

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Whole house is basically that there is no sharing of space with the host or other guests.  It is okay to define the space and exclude some rooms.  Of course you need to ensure that the guest cannot access the space that is not part of the listing.  @Jorge904  as mentioned by other hosts, you really cannot hand over the keys to your home to strangers without some sort of oversight.  At the very least you need someone to greet and orient the guest.  You also need some way to ensure the guests are not inviting others to your home.