Airbnb canceled (withdaw) a booking request

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

Airbnb canceled (withdaw) a booking request

Today four minutes after a potential guest sent me a booking request, Airbnb canceled it before I was able to do anything with the request. I received an email from Airbnb shown below

We’re reaching out with an update about reservation HMAAYPSXDF. We monitor all reservations and user interactions on Airbnb very closely and always have the best interest of our community in mind. In an effort to support positive experiences in our community, occasionally accounts require additional review.
While we review this account, we’ve retracted the reservation request. The listing’s calendar has also been freed so that other guests can book it for these dates.
We appreciate your understanding and help preserving the integrity of the Airbnb marketplace.

Have any hosts received this before? Has Airbnb started screening booking messages for third party booking?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Alice595 

It never happened to me but I suppose something was wrong with this person or his account. It may be anything - from stolen credit card and identity to dangerous behavior.

It is good to know Airbnb monitors reservations.

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi Alice, 
It sounds like what they say - that they are reviewing the profile. They might have received a notice from other hosts that the profile or account is dishonest or has been reported, and maybe therefore someone they need to review additionally. Your request might just be coincidental and the account might have been under scrutiny no matter, unless there were something "off" about the request - request for discount, amount of days, people etc...

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Branka-and-Silvia0 And @Solveig0 Just a little more information about the guest after I viewed the profile

The guest joined in September with a verified government ID, email, and phone number.

If the user profile has issues being found by Airbnb, it is usually deactivated by Airbnb. But the guest’s profile is still active.

It was only after four minutes when Airbnb canceled the booking request, it was more likely an automated process doing the checking. I have sent Airbnb support message to find out more information. And I have not got any feedback.