Airbnb cancels paid booking & didn't even ask guest or email me!

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Airbnb cancels paid booking & didn't even ask guest or email me!

I also do an "experience" here. It's supplemental income to my supplemental income! LOL!

A repeat guest messaged me on 3/16 asking if we were still doing the experience because she was coming back to atlanta from LA. I said yes so she booked for 2 people for 3/18. She was very excited to be coming back. 

I happened to be on the experience calendar this morning and noticed the booking had been cancelled. I messaged her and asked if she had cancelled. She replied that she had not and that airbnb cancelled it on their own without even asking her first. See attached pic she sent me. Not only did they cancel without even asking her, they did NOT email me telling me the booking had been cancelled! That's doubly annoying. 

She also said she tried booking an overnight stay in atlanta and airbnb would not allow it. So they're cancelling paid bookings and not allowing new ones?!

I have 2 experience guests booked for this saturday the 21st. I wonder if airbnb will cancel them soon too? And 6 scheduled for the 28th! 

Anyway, I told her she could still bring her date and come outside of airbnb and paypal me. So now instead of airbnb getting their usual 20% cut of the $90 my guests pay ($45/person) for the experience, I'll get it all! Thanks airbnb. 

5ce1e28b-aeaa-493a-9117-bdb73e659383.jpg

1 Reply 1
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

airbnb has also secretly blocked my calendar so guests cannot book until mid april! My guest told me this because she tried to rebook here.