Airbnb case managers NO LONGER CONSULT HOSTS and REFUND entire amounts to guests UNFAIRLY.

Amira3
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Airbnb case managers NO LONGER CONSULT HOSTS and REFUND entire amounts to guests UNFAIRLY.

Airbnb has been completely IGNORING my request to resolve an issue with a guest.. I have been trying to reach my "assigned" case manager Rafael EVERY SINGLE day to at least discuss the issue, and have recieved no email, no phone call - NOTHING.  The call center reps answer and keep telling me it's marked "urgent" and that they have no idea why hes not answereing.. or at least notifying me as to when he'll be contacting me back..  it's absolutely unacceptable to completely IGNORE your hosts who basically are the BACK BONE of your company. I am SO upset by this treatment I have cancelled my listing. 

I think all the hosts need to know that Airbnb no longer has your back and is favouring the guests who complain for no reason and make false and exagerrated accusations, with absolutely NO valid proof of their claims.  and DESPITE a strict policy.  

This is NOT how you treat the people who have opened up their HOMES to accomodate random strangers.  Can anyone advise me what to do next as Airbnb has been awful and unresponsive.. 

Thank you kindly. 

7 Replies 7
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Could you explain what happened? What was the complaint?

David
Ian96
Level 1
Blyth, Australia

Absolutely agree - I can't even find a phone number to ring here in Australia to sort out a problem - the backup is non-existent - 2 emails & no response.

Here you go mate, Airbnb Australian number, 0285203333. Always get prompt service.

Rather ironic, read through a couple of this girls reviews and there were people who asked for refunds because the could not stand to stay another night, but she wont respond to thier messages.

Ben98
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I agree. 

I have spent over 4 hours on the phone over a two week period because of a guest that left a disaster in my unit and broke into a closet damaging the door. That guest also left a 1 start rating... I have none under 4 to date.

Tonight I was on the phone again for an hour eventually speaking with a "Mark" claiming to be a floor manager who danced around the issue then refused to tell me the name of his supervisor and then hung up on me.

The last issue I had with a guest was resolved in about 3 or 4 days... The CS at airbnb has taken a dive in the last short while.

Hi when he comes to refund damage left by guests in ur property good luck with Airbnb

they ask for pictures u send pictures they still ask for receipt and if had the good for while and cannot remember or dont have rceipt ur loss

Happened to me since then i do not trust anymore they so call service

I can u put a price on drinks been on part of the carpet ?

Burn on the table u bough few years ago and never though u will need to show to anyone the receipt as u never kept it at 1st place

And many Ikea receipt ink desappear after few months

When things work all is great with Airbnb but when problem arise u are alone

Heather183
Level 1
United States

I am having the same issue on the other side of the fence.  Someone at air bnb took $1800 for a reservation we didn't book and I still don't have my money back . It's been since Feb 15th.  PayPal can't help either.  I feel like a class action law suit needs to be opened.  Airbnb does not have the right to float our money.  It should be held in an escrow or trust account for x number of days on both sides.  This is totally insane.  $1800 is not a small amount of money. 

J170
Level 2
Pasig, Philippines

Tips. 

1. Ask for the Case Manger's Schedule
2. Ask for the support ticket number
3. In cases where your case manager is not responsive, 

and you dont know whether he/she is online or not, you can 

always ask for a new one to take over 

Pros: you can get the case progress.

Cons: The new case manager will review the case from the verry begining, 

and might ask for some info which you already provided the previous case manager.