Airbnb client issue with payment after guests arrives.

Andrew-and-Yvonne0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb client issue with payment after guests arrives.

Hi 

I have guests whom check in yesterday for 2 nights. This morning she wanted to extend for 1 additional night. However the payment for the additional night was declined according to Airbnb. Although the alteration still apparently stands. 

In addition I was not paid out for the 2 original nights booked though the client has paid for these nights to Airbnb.

Email:

“The attempt to charge your guest, ——- , for the amount due for reservation from 8 May 2020 - 10 May 2020 was unsuccessful.

If your guest doesn't successfully submit payment or if they cancel the reservation before making the payment, Airbnb isn't liable for issuing your host payout. If you prefer to cancel the reservation, you can cancel penalty-free at any time before the trip begins. If the reservation has started and you'd like to cancel, please send us a note.“

Airbnb has received the full payment for the 8th till the 10th so why have they not paid me for these dates. 

Thanks in advance Andrew

3 Replies 3
Andrew-and-Yvonne0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

The guest has sent me a payment through Airbnb for the extra nights stay.

However on reading payouts section it seems it Airbnb system has charged her for the full 3 nights in addition to the payment I requested her to make. 😞 

You can refund the requested amount via Airbnb.

Andrew-and-Yvonne0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

That payment has also failed. What would be my options right now as I am thinking of asking for the full fee otherwise asking the guest to leave the premises. Airbnb are saying if they do not collect I will lose the monies.