Airbnb disclosure of Host information to ATO Australian Taxation Office

Airbnb disclosure of Host information to ATO Australian Taxation Office

Hi Everyone,

I received an email from Airbnb that advised me that it had disclosed information to the ATO Australian Taxation Office in response to a Notice sent to Airbnb by that Australian Government Department.

At first I suspected that the email was a scam and that Airbnb would not disclose personal Host information without first informing the Host.

When I made contact with Airbnb by the in APP resolution centre, they confirmed that the email was legitimate and that in fact Airbnb had recently disclosed information about most Australian Hosts to the Taxation Office.

I am wondering if anyone in this community can confirm for me that you have also received that Airbnb email or if you have been made aware by some other method of Airbnb's disclosure of your information to the ATO. 

Many thanks.
19 Replies 19
Jeffrey294
Level 1
Brisbane City, Australia

I also received the same email.  Now with Tax time coming, I am trying to obtain data from Airbnb, so that my tax obligation match with the ATO's assessment.

How can I see all the Days available, Days booked, and Days blocked? 

It seems I am unable to scroll back through the calendar, and cannot see how to download this info?

Airbnb have been unable to help so far - any suggestions?

thanks

Jeff

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jeffrey294 

Hi Jeff, mate you can scroll back through your previous months. Go to your calendar page and check this screenshot....

Calendar previous months.png

If you click that v  arrow alongside the current month, the previous 4 months will be displayed, and if you then click the arrow again the previous 4 months before that will be displayed. You can go back as far as you like!

Cheers......Rob

Jeffrey294
Level 1
Brisbane City, Australia

Cheers, thanks Rob.

Initially it only showed previous 4 months. Then once i clicked on the earlier month, I could then go back further as you suggested.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jeffrey294 

That's what we are here for Jeff......

Just out of curiosity......what is that red in your hand !!

Cheers......Rob

Jeffrey294
Level 1
Brisbane City, Australia

Haha, probably a shiraz or cab sav