Airbnb does not provide a host with guest names. Why?

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Airbnb does not provide a host with guest names. Why?

Greetings Everyone!

Our House Rules require that our guest provide us with the correct number of guest and the names of all arriving guest due to Insurance/Security Requirements. This requirement is the very first wording potential guest see when they view our listing and our house rules clearly state that we will cancel the reservation if the information is not received within 36 hrs. of booking.

It is almost impossible to pry this required information from them and they usually respond rudely with a snapshot photo of their guest information/names that were entered at booking.

My question: 

Unless I am missing something why doesn't Airbnb share all the guest names as listed by the booking person?

This would make our life much easier and much less stress full.

Any answers/help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Randy

4 Replies 4

@Randy----Linda0  What an amazing listing you have!

Airbnb does provide guests the chance to voluntarily enter the names and email addresses of each member of the group during the booking process, but it's not collecting that info by default, and it's only visible to hosts when an email address is linked to an Airbnb profile. Unfortunately there's not a setting hosts can turn on to force guests to enter all the full names before advancing to the payment screen. A feature like that wouldn't be hard to implement, and I think it would be a useful change.

Without it, the easiest workaround would be to disable Instant Book and only confirm guests that fulfill your requirements in the request. 

Hello Andrew0 and thank you for your prompt and helpful response.

We will definitively take your suggestions into consideration.

Kindest Regards,

Randy 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Randy----Linda0 

"Unless I am missing something why doesn't Airbnb share all the guest names as listed by the booking person? This would make our life much easier and much less stress full."

Airbnb has never been very interested in making things better for hosts. It's guest experience only they are interested in bettering. Guests make them more money.

I abhor 'guest 2' 'guest 3' and so on, myself. I have it in my house rules that ALL adult guests on the booking must either be linked in to the booking with their profiles, or the booking guest can provide full names. I state that this is required before a booking will be accepted.  I find that works much better that being faced with potentially having to cancel a booking.

If they don't like that, or don't want to provide names, then I probably don't want them at my house.

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Hello Colleen and thank  you for your response and your input as it is greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Randy