Airbnb does not recognize hotel license

Darcy75
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Airbnb does not recognize hotel license

I have a 6 apartment hotel in Seattle with a valid hotel license. Seattle requires that anyone that does not have a hotel license must get a short term rental permit. I am exempt because of my hotel license. Under regulations I have given my hotel license number, hotel name etc. Airbnb has posted that I am exempt. Every 6 months like clock work Airbnb turns my hotel into 30 day minimum stay and deletes all of my upcoming reservations. I have to repost all of my apartments with once again license numbers etc. I am then good for 6 months and they do it again. I am now on my 4th time. I have talked to well over 100 Airbnb team members who cannot help me. What do I do?

7 Replies 7
Corey77
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

having this same problem.  were you able to reslove?

@Corey77 you need to tag @Darcy75 to have a better chance of a response

Corey77
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

having this same problem.  were you able to resolve?

I got an email from Neil who is community center support. I will copy paste it.

Neil, Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:09:04 GMT

Hello Darcy,

Thank you for your email!

Listings on Airbnb do not have an expiry date. They are only unlisted if found to be non-compliant with local laws and regulations. I can see your registration is valid till 21st October 2021 so just ensure that you are able to renew your license and update your listing prior to the expiry.

Do let me know if I can assist any further.

Kind Regards,
Neil

I just got all my apartments canceled for short term rental again today. UGH!

I thought I did but short term stays were canceled again today for all of my apartments. UGH!

Corey77
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

@Darcy75   having this same problem.  were you able to resolve?

I have found one trick. My apartments are 201, 202, 203, 301, 302, and 303. Each time I repost I add an alphabet letter. 301 becomes 301A then 301B then 301C. Each time I get another 6 months.