Airbnb does not respond to personal safety concerns for days

Akos4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb does not respond to personal safety concerns for days

Anyone else experienced the same as me that Airbnb does not respond to serious personal safety concern for days when hosting someone who poses risk to you and when you call them up they are telling you it is being dealt with by another department? Guest stole my keys and I am feeling threatened but Airbnb  does seme to care at all.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Akos4  Yes, many reports like this here on the forum. Same sort of thing happens to guests. Customer service has dropped off a cliff.

Try contacting them through their Twitter account rather than by phone, you might have better luck.

If you are sure the guest stole the keys on purpose, rather than just accidentally forgot to leave them, you should probably get the locks re-keyed and save the receipt so you can possibly make a claim for the cost of that.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Akos4 

Better deal with the situation yourself in the best way possible, as Airbnb can not do much for you, as you experienced..Did you asked them to cancel the reservation ?

Maybe hosts in this community can give some advice, if you provide more information about the situation.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Airbnb is an online booking app. It isn’t the government or the police. They aren’t going to be very effective at ensuring your physical safety.  Ask yourself how you would handle each incident that arises as if you had booked the guest directly, and follow through accordingly.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you change the locks and raise a request through the resolution centre to the guest for the cost of doing so @Akos4