Airbnb guest from HELL will not leave

Marq52
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

Airbnb guest from HELL will not leave

I'm so frustrated with this guest. Here's the back story. This guest wanted to rent a room from my house for 3 months. May 11-July 31. I accepted and she came in only moved in a frig. with her items. I also accepted her dog to come but told her she needed to keep the dog in her room and when walking outside please use a leash. She understood from the start this is a shared space and I will have another guest moving in alone with myself living in the house. I do a ton of travels so i'm only home about 1 week out the month.

1st incident: I was home and she had the dog bowl on the coffee table and allowed the dog to run around the house. The dog has also defecated on several areas of the home. I reminded her of the house rules and my homeowners's rules for the subdivision about keeping the dog on a leash at all times.

2nd incident: I had another Airbnb guest to move in. I gave the guest access to location of the key. I also notified my first guest of the new guest moving in. The new guest alerted me that a dog was in the common bathroom and had feces on the bathroom floor.

3rd Incident: I gave the guest a letter reminding her of the rules and asked her to keep the common areas clean. She read the letter and that's when all hell broke loose. She was screaming and yelling at 6:30am. I went outside my bedroom door and asked for her to come to the living room to speak about this. She refused and continued to be irate. I called the police to attempt to get her removed. They came and told me it's a civil matter and she stated she will not leave. I contacted Airbnb at this point explaining to them what happen and they escalated it with a deadline for her to respond. She continued to duck their calls and they changed her check out date to June 26, 2020 at 2pm. 

4th Incident : I wrote her another letter letting her know that her checkout date has been changed per Airbnb and she needs to take her items and leave the property. She refused and called the police. I explain the them for 2hrs while on hold with Airbnb that her check out date was changed. I even showed them the correspondence from Support and they called the supervisor over. I told the supervisor i just wanted her gone, she is belligerent, and combative. He said that it's a civil matter I will have to go through the courts

5th Incident: I entered my own but left my front door open with the screen door locked because I was about to leave, she came into the home yelling telling me she didn't feel safe and that I needed to leave. I did everything in my power to ignore this crazy person. She then called the cops Again, they came out and spoke to her and told her to go to her room and just go to bed

6th Incident: I'm sitting in my chair watching TV and she started again yelling calling me a devil and trying to provoke me to respond. I started recording her and she then called the cops ! The came and spoke with her and told her that it's my own I can do what I want to do in my own home. I explain to the cops that she's unstable and needs help. 

She came back into the home yelling and cussing on the phone with her parents and went to her room

I feel so helpless at this point b/c i have a unstable person in my home who will not leave. So Monday we will go and start the eviction process.

My state is NC

15 Replies 15
John60
Level 1
Chicago, IL

So what did AirBnB do to help you?