Airbnb has no respect or regard for hosts anymore

Kimberley59
Level 4
Seattle, WA

Airbnb has no respect or regard for hosts anymore

I have had a few incidences recently of guests that blatantly violated airbnb and house rules.  I reported the incidences to airbnb, and then when asked for resolution it gets ignored and then denied.

Worst incident was guests that were so bad police had to be called - Airbnb denied my resolution request repeatedly but finally corrected after I attempted to speak with them multiple times per week for over a month.  After about 2 months it was resolved.

More recently I have had 2 separate reservations where there were more guests than booked.  One of the reservations, they even threw a party (against my rules) and other violations.  I have evidence because I have surveillance cameras on property (disclosed in the listing), and there were also witnesses.  Despite the evidence, Airbnb has denied to make the guests pay for the number of guests who stayed.

Another guest booked only one room in a shared place, but then used the second bedroom which they did not book. I had to do an emergency cleaning before another guest checked in.  Airbnb is denying to make the guest pay for using that bedroom that was not booked or for the cleaning fee.  I also have proof with photos.  The sheets were ruffled and obviously used and the comforter had a coffee stain on it. I have photos from before and after they arrived at the listing.  But Airbnb is refusing to do anything about it.

I'm not running a hotel!  This is my home!  What is the point of rules at all if they will not be enforced and there are no consequences to guests for breaking them?  Why would guests tell the truth about number of guests if they can get away with lying and paying less?  It seems to be happening more and more.  Word is on the street -- Airbnb does not care about hosts whatsoever.  Guests can do whatever they want.  It's the host's problem.

15 Replies 15
Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

This is my last season with Airbnb marking 5 years of doing this. I've watched the entire system go downhill and be outsourced and the disregard they have for hosts is unbelievable. The "extenuating circumstance" clause uses hosts as travel insurance, fighting tooth and nail to get any type of compensation, the company itself violating its own T&C to side with guests, calling customer service and getting someone reading from a script, bugs and issues with the system reported again and again and years pass without them ever being addressed, the list goes on and on.