Airbnb in Action: A research survey received from Airbnb research team

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Airbnb in Action: A research survey received from Airbnb research team

Today I received an email from Airbnb research team. I almost missed it because it shows a person’s name instead of Airbnb Research Team. But the email address is noresponse@research.airbnb.com. Here is the email body.

Please check your email inbox and I would encourage hosts who receive the email to participate the survey. There are many relevant questions regarding to hosts feedback in terms of trust and safety have been asked.

10D300A6-3599-4521-859C-5D0514583D85.png

Here are three sample screenshots from the survey. From the survey it seems that Airbnb at least their research team know what hosts real concerns are in terms of safety and trust

35F83FE8-BC29-4CAB-A1EC-BD64DA96816A.pngC2344397-7F1E-49D3-8450-4872EA834688.pngEC17BE14-3D09-4E95-A682-A5AF28FF21C9.png

Thanks to Airbnb for taking this action. I do hope that Airbnb will take further actions after collecting the feedback from hosts.

12 Replies 12
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Mike1034 I did not receive an email but I hope this means Airbnb is actually going to listen to and take action based on feedback!

@Suzanne302Airbnb should have sent the survey to all hosts who participated Community Forum because those hosts are the ones who not only have active listings but also have the passion and devotion to Airbnb platform. They will most likely to fill out the survey.

It seems that both you and @Branka-and-Silvia0 had not received this survey email. It is kind of sad that Airbnb would have missed some important feedback from Airbnb hosts like you.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mike1034 

Ok, it's good to see ABB starts to take some action. We will see if this survey will be the end of it or just a beginning.

Honestly, I think this survey is unnecessary. Their team could and should read comments on the post about Orinda shooting, and a few more highly commented posts here on CC, and there they would find all relevant informations from experienced hosts.

Recommended literature:

ABOUT REVIEWS

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-Answers-Protecting-you-from-one-off-bad-re...

ABOUT SECURITY AND PARTIES

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Mass-Shooting-in-Airbnb-house-in-Orinda-last-night-4-dea...

@Branka-and-Silvia0 From the questions and optional answers, the research team that came up with the survey definitely know what hosts concerns are. Most likely the team have read posts in this forum.

With the survey, it may reach hosts who don’t know or who have not actively participated in this community forum. Hopefully most of hosts receiving the survey could complete it so that our voice could be heard from Airbnb management team. And hopefully Airbnb will make those changes in their survey.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mike1034 

I would like to know do you have to choose just one answer or you can choose all of them?

Because I would choose all the given answers, all of them are equally important

@Branka-and-Silvia0The ones highlighted in Red are actually my selections:-). Those two screenshots have questions with multiple choices. Only the third one is a single choice. I also filled out the field of the Other, please specify.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike1034  That last question on your screenshot looks like it could be a trick question, as the answer could be interpreted in totally opposite ways.

If a host disagrees with the question as stated, is Airbnb going to interpret that to mean that you don't trust Airbnb's verification process, or that you don't care about whether Airbnb verifies guests or not. The first interpretation could lead to Airbnb to beefing up their verification procedure, the latter could lead to them deciding the opposite.

As usual, I find their survey questions ambiguously stated and suspicious, but I do appreciate that maybe they are actually asking for host input to drive some needed changes.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Mike1034 I did not get this email, so thanks for sharing.

Judging by the questions, It sounds like part of the post-Orinda damage control.  That's not a bad thing.  I just hope they take hosts' responses seriously.

I had to laugh at this questions -

"When accepting a guest on Airbnb, what information do you usually look for?"

- because the only thing I look for is HOW MUCH?  But I'm not an in-home host and my place is not Party Central.  It's Vacationland.  🙂

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Ann72When I saw the email with the survey and I went through the survey, I also had the impression that this survey could be part of Airbnb actions taken after Orinda shooting incident. 

However, I am not that excited anymore because not many hosts in this forum received email for the survey. It seems that more hosts received Airbnb's poster of a map than hosts receiving the survey. Are Airbnb seriously thinking that their platform and system need to be improved based on hosts' feedback?

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Ive not not received the survey.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mike1034  it seems you are the only one who received this survey 🙂

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Susan1028 @Ann72 @Sarah977 

Should I go and buy some lottery tickets? 🙂

A survey is supposed to go to as many people as possible in order to get meaningful feedback.