Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Aljosa0 

Customer Satisfaction is our top priority !😊

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Is this just your personal opinion, @Aljosa0 ?

Accusing s.o. for committing a crime without providing any proof could be an offence against existing laws and thus be prosecuted.

Actually in European countries , as you know, you can't prosecute someone simply for having an opinion @Till-and-Jutta0 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

That's why I hoped for @Robin4 that it was just his personal opinion, @Helen3 .

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Aljosa0 

Aljosa, no I don't think that! I think Airbnb started out as an idea by two desperate men who were struggling to pay their rent in San Francisco and settled on the idea of renting out space in their apartment they were not using.

They were persistent, brought a third person into the fold and with their combined expertise came up with the concept of Airbnb..

Aljosa, they did this to make money and everything they have done since then has been an extension of that idea......to make money.

Airbnb are not blackmailing you into using them. You have Superhost status so I assume you have enough experience to understand how Airbnb operates. You understand that, guests make money for Airbnb, hosts cost Airbnb money. Put your hosting in perspective!

Let me tell you Aljosa, I have a great relationship with Airbnb, I don't expect anything out of them other than to send me guests and pay me those guests payouts!

I don't know what your issue is, your post was limited to a basic 3 words....and from that we are expected to respond! That does not give us much to respond to but, all I can tell you is my life has been enriched beyond measure by being involved with Airbnb!

Sure there is a lot of things that are wrong with the platform but, month after month they are bringing lovely people into my life. They are not just making me feel useful, they are making me feel worthwhile in  that, despite I am in the latter stages of my life I can still contribute.

Look at my booking calendar over the current 2 months....... I am as full as a fat ladies sock!

Screenshot_2021-05-11-08-29-56-56.png

Every one of those booked nights is money in the bank for me and my wife!

Do I consider Airbnb a criminal organisation? No I don't, I simply consider them as a booking agency.....they put A (the guest) in touch with B (the host) and it is up to us to make it work from there.

My feeling is, I never realised how many beautiful people there were in the world until I became a host!

But I make sure I have the last say on who I invite into my home, not Airbnb!

Aljosa, take control of what you do  and you will not consider Airbnb to be a criminal organisation!

Cheers........Rob

If Airbnb is a criminal organization, does that mean all hosts are accomplices? 

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

I wonder what happened?  @Aljosa0  perhaps an explanation is due? 

Hi Bryan. They insist on full refund (although my policy is strict), but at the same time they NEVER give up from their provision. So, they force you to give full refund and they never do the same. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

**[Personal remarks removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Comment removed in line with the Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy and the Community Center Guidelines]

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Aljosa0 

Aljosa, @Emiel1's comments were tongue in cheek, not a definitive statement of fact......

Mine are though!.....Some of the nicest moments of my life have been spent in Dubrovnik and Croatia.

IMAG0062.JPG

The town of Dubrovnik from the Jadranska Cresta cliff road south

IMAG0069.JPG

Ade having an esplanade seat in lovely neighbouring village of Cavtat

IMAG0098.JPG

Inside the walled town, tourists like us everywhere.

IMAG0101.JPG

Lovely little cafes and side streets

IMAG0089.JPG

Local folk dancing.

Dubrovnik is a beautiful town with beautiful people and I will always remember and love the time Ade and I spent there!

Cheers........Rob

**[Comment removed in line with the Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy]

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Oh boy. This is getting ridiculous. Earth to spaceship. Come in, please. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Thanks for contributing to this thread.

Please note that, although criticism towards Airbnb is allowed, personal remarks targeting other members and discriminatory comments will not be tolerated. Therefore I'm closing this thread for further replies.

For more information, please have a look at the Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy and the Community Center Guidelines.

Thanks,

Liv