Airbnb is ripping me off big time

Alexandra291
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

Airbnb is ripping me off big time

I work very hard as a host for any guests who visit Scotland via the Airbnb site.  However, while I do the work Airbnb take the money and become rich.  I have often received notifications via email that a payment will be made into my bank account, but the payment never seems to arrive.  What happens exactly to the money which my guests have paid to Airbnb.  It certainly doesn't arrive in my bank account that's for sure.  Oh I know they're very clever because they have created a website which makes it just about impossible for anyone to contact them and have a real conversation.  Cowards to the end.  Yes, it's true that I'm a very angry host and I long for the day when I can quit Airbnb and run my small enterprise independtly of the slave masters.

5 Replies 5

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear sounds like you haven't read up on how Airbnb works @Alexandra291.

Rather than getting angry, because you haven't done your homework read up on the useful links @Alice-and-Jeff0 provided you.

1. As a new host your first payments comes through in 30 days after that within 2 days of check in.

2. All the ways of contacting Airbnb are both at the top of the Help forum here and ...in the Airbnb Help Centre.

If you want to become an entrpreneur, you will find doing your research is key to setting up a successful business.

Do that for Airbnb and you will be a much happier host:)

Alexandra291
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

Helen, I find your comment insulting to put it mildly.  I'm a 63 year old grandmother, I have six grandchildren, I have worked in IT for nearly 30 years.  I was trained on Apple Mac computers by a publishing company in Worcester.  I can assure you that I have studied Airbnb's website, rules and regulations very carefully indeed.  I used to ring them in Dublin.  I know Dublin very well indeed.  I have no interest in becoming an entreprenour because I've been one since 1983 and I'm now a published writer of philosophy.  I also know Bristol very well indeed because I lived in Clevedon for some time.  My youngest daughter is a highly qualified midwife and was working at Southmead until recently when she gave birth to her own baby.  I have no hesitation in asking you to mind your manners and find a modicum of respect.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Definition of a slave is - 'a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them'. No one is forced to be a host on Airbnb, so in actuality no one can possibly feel they are their "slave".

Yes, best to learn how the system works and perhaps 'discover' they are treating you the same fair way as everyone else.

Alexandra291
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi Fred, I would be grateful if you would read the reply I've just written to Helen.  With best wishes.