Airbnb lack of phone support and response to resolutions

Ryan749
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb lack of phone support and response to resolutions

I have filed a dispute regarding a guest who stayed at my home many weeks ago now: it was a nice guest but had four small children who caused thousands of dollars in damages to my walls needing to be painted and my floors being scratched from furniture being dragged around. I have waited and waited and heard nothing from Airbnb. Is this the new way Airbnb treats its super hosts? I’m a bit concerned that there is zero phone support in these extenuating circumstances where as a host I actually need Airbnb support. Are any other host s out there having problems with site Jb resolving resolutions? Responding to messages? Why is there no phone support anymore? Help please! My home is a fraction of what it used to look like and I wanted to get it fixed before the holidays. I thought I could count on Airbnb but now I do not feel that I can. 

7 Replies 7
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Ryan749 ,

Have you tried to contact the "Airbnb Support Centre" by message instead of a phone call?

You may get immediately respond by " chatting " with the team 😃

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I never understand when hosts who have these kinds of scenarios say the guest was nice. Allowing one's children to damage all the walls and moving furniture around scratching up the floors in the process is hardly what I'd consider to be nice.

I have felt pads on the bottom of all my furniture, which prevents scratches if things are moved. It's better to be pro-active about such things than have to deal with damages.

Hope you get some resolution- it may take a lot of patience and persistence. @Ryan749 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ryan749  I get the fastest results by sending a direct message to @airbnbhelp on Twitter.

In addition, some other hosts and I have discovered that reimbursements come fast when you have already purchased the replacement item or paid to have damage repaired and have a detailed invoice from the company (preferably marked "paid").  No guarantees of course because many hosts have not successfully had claims paid.

Best of luck to you.

Susan1709
Level 2
The Colony, TX

Hello, how is everyone?  Have any of you been receiving unsolicited text with verification codes from Airbnb? I'm getting them daily. Once I finally found a link for support, I was told the issue had to be resolved by email and I'd be contacted soon...never heard another word.  What's really so madening is how difficult they make it find a link for support and once I do, often there is no resolution. Is anyone else feeling frustrated by the lack of support?

@Susan1709  The verification code texts are a known glitch which has been reported here a hundred times in the last 2 weeks. It's a system glitch (or a hack they're not admitting).

So don't waste your time trying to get in touch with CS- it isn't something unique to your account.

What's unreal is that they seemingly haven't been able to fix it in 2 weeks.

Chad317
Level 1
South Padre Island, TX

They simply ship you to an offshore call center that "escalates" any issues hosts have. The company is super focused on "guests" and doesn't like hosts 

Chad317
Level 1
South Padre Island, TX

Has anyone else had airbnb block off all properties all dates and when you call this issue in, they cannot source the issue?