Airbnb make a mistake but i pay the price

Airbnb make a mistake but i pay the price

on 30/9/20, a guest booked my place for 2night stay(1-3/10/20), my place doesn't provide free parking on premises before 3/10/20. once i received the booking on 30/9/20, the guest ask me 'is he can park at the street', which my listing did say street parking is free. i told him that your entire stay here, the parking only rm11. which later he agree to pay and we do it through airbnb platform (lesson that i learnt why many operators don't want to use airbnb for extra service, will talk about it at the end). so the next day, the guest arrive, l forgot to ready the pre-paid parking card for the guest. l ask the guest to just get the ticket and you can pay onsite machine while i return the parking fee back to you, or the guest can park in front of building, on the street for free. the guest is furious and keep shouting that he want to refund the entire stay, l told him that the parking fee you pay before is same as the parking you are going to pay onsite, nothing less nothing more. on the next day morning, while i put the pre-paid parking into unit mailbox for him to collect. he says he already log complain to airbnb and didn't check in. 

at the end, airbnb did refund back the entire stay back to the host include the rm11 that guest pay through alternation ( now you got what l mean by other operators told me before, don't deal extra service fee through airbnb) and i completely lost 2 night income plus pre-paid parking fee. 

at the begining, the first airbnb person contact me through airbnb messenger, he/she/AA did realise my listing doesn't provide free parking at my listing, because the guest told AA i provide the parking. i told AA what is happening and guest can park and there are plenty of parking space here since the lockdown, the parking here always half empty. i can return the fee and guest can use the money to pay the fee. it is same fee apply.

few days later, the second airbnb he/she/BB send my listing screenshot and say that my listing did provide free parking on premises (can you imaging how lazy they are, not even read from the beginning what is the issue are since AA already agree with me there is no free parking on premises) and it is violation of the listing rules, again i explain to them the free parking on premises only available/activated at my listing after 3/10.

after few days later, the third airbnb he/she/CC told me that due to my initially l agree to secure a parking spot to the guest, so it is also violation on the rules too. again, l explain to CC (third time i say same thing to 3 different person), the guest booked on 30/9 and by that time and before the booking, there are zero conversation and question from the guest about the booking, the guest only ask me after the booking done, so l offer the extra service to guest which i fail to delivered. However, there is paid parking which is same parking either pre or after paid, the different only i took a small cut if guest pay through me or l didn't. But at the end, the guest still have to pay as long he want to park his car in the building and it doesn't affect guest to park the car or check in or stay. 

after few days later, the fourth airbnb he/she/DD says the issue is long overdue and the 'parking issue' did violated their rules and decision is final. DD close the ticket (even the service does not included to get the deal done), cancel the booking and refund the total to the guest include the parking card fee( if you did read this, seriously your extra service should never ever pay through airbnb because airbnb doesn't care about your afford to help guest, at the end it is your lost not them and remember, they use your earning to build their brand and keep customer happy. 

1) 4 different airbnb use different point in order to convince me to agree refund back. 

2) to pay through me or not though me has never affect the guest to stay in since they still paying the same amount and park at same place. there is 7th floor tall parking building and it is half empty space. also the street parking just in front of the building.

3) since l already pay the parking, so l gave the parking to guest once l reach there the next day morning, l even sent the parking picture to the guest when l drop in.

thought this experience, l learnt that we need to learn how to act like fox when dealing with airbnb like guest does. because l don't understand how this parking issue can make them to refund the total to the guest if the guest doesn't act like a fox? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Papayastay0 Whilst the guest clearly overreacted, at the end of the day you, as the host, charged for a parking permit and then forgot to supply it. It is not a good idea to give a guest the opportunity to complain.

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Papayastay0  You have a wonderful apartment at an unreal price, all clean and new appliances. In Kuala Lumpur really such low prices for housing?
It was an unpleasant case because of parking, many men can be very nervous about it. Please make a checklist for the future, and do not make your investment in advance, value your place.