Airbnb non existant help

Alasdair8
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Airbnb non existant help

So Airbnb has made both of listings minimum stays 30 days.  They claim (after over 4 hours on the phone) that the entire city of seattle has banned short term rentals and won't change my listings back.  They are wrong. I spoke with the city, they are considered an essential business.  

Since Airbnb can't help me, can anyone on here help?

This customer service experience has been so unbelievably bad (like Comcast bad) that I am exploring VRBO for my listings now.  

Thanks everyone.

3 Replies 3
Keith478
Level 2
Glendale, AZ

You are not confined to booking your property through Airbnb.

You might want to try a couple of the other websites.

The last thing Airbnb wants is for you to book with those people. Once they start losing Revenue they will change their tune... if you are correct.

You may want to double-check before you proceed but if it's true, book your property through the other Avenue and then send a copy of your listing and your booking to Airbnb.

Yea.  Already listed.  I thought airbnb was great until I had to deal with their customer service.  Uggghhh

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Alasdair8 I have a similar experience although not as dramatic. They are blocking stays if less than 2 nights in chicago claiming ordinance. There is not one. There are new reporting rules and Airbnb just does not want to bother with those for one night stays. They also allow guests to book one night blocking my calendar in the middle of the week and then cancel it eventually closer to the time