Airbnb open my closed calendar!

Amber-and-Ruben0
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Airbnb open my closed calendar!

So I had a friend staying with us. So I made sure the calander closed since it was occupied! So Airbnb decides out of no where to open the calendar open and accecpt the booking! So I explaind the misunderstanding to the New booking. They understodd but where very sad to hear of this misunderstanding. Since they where visiting a friend who was having a baby. Who lived only a few blocks away. They could just walk over to her firiends and visit. Since We started with Airbnb we have been very lucky, having amazing reviews! I hotel my house as much as possible. I belive all guest should be treated as VIP! So now i dont quilified for my Super Host Status! Is there anyone i can talk to about this? To fix the misunderstanding? Try to get my Super Host Badge!!!!! Help!

8 Replies 8
Elenor0
Level 3
Dunedin, New Zealand

There seems to be a glitch where suddenly your blocked days become unblocked for no reason.

Now whenever I block a day I alter the price of that night on the calendar to $1000 more than it's actually worth so that even if it does randomly become unblocked, no-one will book it.

This is among the many reasons I don't have instant booking on. As a host I don't think we should be penalized for glitches on Airbnb side. I have had several issues with calendar integrity and this should be the foundation and very stable.

@elenore your idea is a good one but we should not have to work around such basic functionality. And what if one of the pricing glitches hits you and they charge guests your base rate? And what about the pricing glitch that can make it so prices changes don't stick?
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Krister1
Level 1
Steenokkerzeel, Belgium

I had the same and now they punnish me with 100€ and negative reviews !!!

It's there fault !

Krister Edlund

Kathleen169
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

Absolutely agree , I am just about to cancel a booking for this very reason. SOOOO annoyed, what's the problem when they can't fix this , from what I having been reading its an every day occurance . 

I have neither the time or patience to double check every date constantly, it's ridiculous 

Aoi0
Level 6
Tokyo, Japan

Have you talked to the customer support @Airbnb?

You need to explain to the one who booked the closed days at the same time.

Airbnb will help you solve the problem. Good luck!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

So many people complain about this glitch on calendar and still they do nothing - it happens to us on a regular basis so we always manually check the diary to ensure we can take the booking before accepting it (we don't use IB). 

Lathee-And-Bill0
Level 1
Te Anau, New Zealand

I have had the same problem. At first I thought I was careless and it was my fault. Then I re-checked all my blocked months. Then out of nowhere, I had another booking. This time I was certain I was not at fault. I have now changed my bookings to the system where I have to OK it before they can book. However, this is not fully satisfactory as I am going overseas and I am not sure if I can use my phone all the time to decline bookings. Then I tried to ring the help number and they made me wait for 15 minutes and at the end I gave up. Very frustrating. 

Kathleen169
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

WEll I think air bnb need to sort the system . This has happened to me.  I thought I noticed dates opening up that I was convinced I had closed. They open with  minimum price . 

Then put it down to me not closing them properly !!!! but I new 100% that i would have changed the minimum price to a more reflective price for high season and all the surrounding dates had no minimum pricing applied.  Then it became quite evident air bnb had opened my dates .

I now have to cancel someones Christmas plans . Either that or I'm homeless. I am selling my main residence , so until I decide which path I will take this apartment is home at the end of the season..