Airbnb processed a host guarantee claim within hours.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Airbnb processed a host guarantee claim within hours.

I have to say I am impressed. A guest check out after a 20 day stay leaving a disgusting mess. Multiple sets of bedding completely ruined, every inch of outside covered with dog poop. Mattress needs to be thrown out. I just don't know how people can live that way. I started the claim and it was paid pretty much immediately! No endless email exchanges, no ridiculous requests for documents that can not be produced. Only scratches on the deck were not covered.  

16 Replies 16
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Good news is hard to come by these days.  Nice to hear a success story.  Thanks for posting!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  Congratulations! You must be so relieved. And think of all the spare time you're going to have that you set aside for the inevitable 20 messages and phone calls back and forth. 

Yep, pretty hard to understand how or why people choose to live in utter squalor. Even people who live in mud huts with dirt floors and have no money keep the place swept and tidy. A friend of mine liberated my neighbor's dog one day when he was out and found it a good home, as the guy had the poor dog on a short chain and never took it for a walk. The dog was having live in a small area completely covered in its own poop, which the guy never ever cleaned up.

@Sarah977 so true! I probably now have additional hour or two free and the stress ulcer I am probably growing has gone dormant (till next problem) 

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Inna22 I'm so glad to hear that! I know the hassle factor of making everything right again is still there though. I hope that all goes as smoothly.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Sending positive vibes your way @Inna22 . 💐

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Inna22 

I must say that this, says a lot about Airbnb when this is regarded as some kind of win....

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Cormac0I'm sure there are plenty of other hosts out there with positive stories but those hosts don't run to the CC to say that Airbnb did what it should have done. We mostly see stories from the hosts who are frustrated with what Airbnb has not done. I, too, had a great experience with the host guarantee, and 99% of my interactions with customer service have been positive, but it's not normal to post every time the company does something you simply expect them to do. Except, perhaps, when all you've seen are negative posts and have it in your mind that your experience is probably going to be horrible too, then are surprised when it isn't.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Inna22  Glad they took care of it!

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Inna22 

Same thing happened with me last week. They did not ask for endless documentation either. I think it could be because they are either short staffed and have to rush it through or don't want to anger hosts anymore by being difficult.

BTW, haven't you noticed the amount of sketchy guest requests have gone up lately substantially? For the first time ever hosting as many listings as I do, I have had to deny 4 requests just today alone by guests who are obviously coming to party. One went so far by lying, claiming was an essential worker. She wanted to book a 4 bedroom home for just herself (yeah right!). For a weekend and lived 30 minutes away. I have actually declined more guest requests then I have accepted. A first!

@Sean433 Maybe she perceived herself 'essential' to the party she had in mind. 😄

@Fred13 

Indeed! I was looking at Placencia as a vacation home in the future. It looks like a beautiful place. How are you finding it there?

Been here ten years, was suppose to only passing through. It is peaceful. I love the sea, always though would come back to it down the line, and it happened. Tons of Canadians btw.🙂

@Fred13 

Canadians love warm tropical places. I was doing some research a few months ago and it seemed a lot of airbnb's were doing really well with strong occupancy at good rates. Looks like a promising place to live and run a bnb.

@Sean433 To me the trick to a happy life is to live where it presently fits you; granted the world is in a constant state of flux. Of course, no guarantees any place will ever remain the same nor fit you forever, but thus far it is where I rather be.