Airbnb promotional merchandise

Airbnb promotional merchandise

I suggest Airbnb sends hosts promotional merchandise that's useful both for hosts and guests. For example: 1. Airbnb keychains with the logo to hold the rental's keys. 

2. Airbnb backpacks or beach bags for the guests to take to the beach. 

3. Airbnb sticker or magnets. 

4. Airbnb T-shirts or hats. 

5. Airbnb pens, notepads or sticky notes. 

6. Airbnb personalized business card for the host, with a link to the listings. 

7. Other

I have been a loyal host with Airbnb for years. I've never used another platform. However, I've heard about other platforms that give this type of merchandise for free to their hosts. 

I strongly suggest Airbnb does the same. 

39 Replies 39
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Life never going to be quite the same again, @Paul1255! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Im all for marketing and promotion but if like us we have a villa for 4 people we couldnt just give one it would have to be 4 no too expensive 

Diego541
Level 10
Rosario, Argentina

@Marinilda-and-Juanma0 it would be wonderful !! 

I wish AIRBNB take note!

Diego

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Great idea.

Often get 1st time Airbnb'ers and to be able to give them an extra would definitely promote Airbnb and help to encourage them to book again

Susan653
Level 10
Groton, CT

@Marinilda-and-Juanma0, the business cards with easy link would be fantastic. I've thought of having cards made, but what's the point when the only "links" we can use right now are so cumbersome? I hope Admin. does something with this excellent idea!

I've gotten the Airbnb mag as a freebie, but really find it pretty useless, as it only highlights spectacular properties and/or properties with spectacular locations, i.e. on the edge of a cliff or up a tree. I offer a nice, but more humble, abode with a very good, but not "spectacular" location (up the street from the river, rather than on it). I don't even leave the magazine for guests to look at, for fear they'll compare my place to the ones in there and mine will come up lacking. 😞

@Susan653 Your place is lovely - muffins, Tolstoy, and Austen - what's not to like?!  🙂

Aww, thanks, @Ann72!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Marinilda-and-Juanma0 for starting this conversation on promotional merchandise. There are certainly some 'original' ideas suggested here! 🙂 

I hope you don't i've moved this topic to the Hosting board as it would be nice to get some more thoughts on this from hosts. 

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Marinilda-and-Juanma0@ What a great idea! I would love an apron, I wear one every morning while making breakfast for guests. Key chains would also be very much appreciated. 

Amy-and-Joel0
Level 2
Lawrence, KS

Great ideas!! It’d be great for the brand, and help each rental feel more professional. 

There used to be a sight on Zazzle where hosts could have Airbnb items printed.  We could get business cards, window clings, posters, note cards and other things. They pulled it when they pulled the customization of the logo they once allowed (yet another big mistake for the Airbnb brand and wasted techincal integration there).

Someone who worked for Airbnb stayed with me and said that there was a merchandise site where we could purchase items already.  Since I couldn't get to it despite him giving me the url, I suspect it is only available to Airbnb employees and, since he worked for the hotel division, my guess is that it's also for that segment. 

Now on the upside, if you stick around with Airbnb long enough do good things, they have occassionally sent me spiffs. So I have some keychains, a few aprons, and a pretty wooden cheese board with the Airbnb logo. 

But if I had my choice, I would like to see on the list: 

1. an Airbnb stamp so I can stamp my own notecards, paper bags,  stickers, etc. 
  2. Pre-printed "thank you" notecards
  3. Pads of paper 
  4. "From Where" map - World map with red pins on a corkboard that can be put into the home so guests can leave us with where they are from. Must be able to buy more red pins. 
  5. Business cards
  6. Printable guidebook that actually looks like a real, professional item.  It needs to be easily readable and we need to be able to print a map that goes with the places we've identified.

Sinan11
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

I certanly think, they must add shop site, where we can buy at least these items such as keychain, apron, guestbook and etc.

I just know, that those keychains are given free internally to the employees, so @Lizzie  probably got one:) 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Personally, I hate "branded" items. I'd never buy any item of clothing with the name or logo of the clothing company on it, for instance.

That was one of the most brilliant marketing schemes in history- that you could actually get people to pay for something which advertised your company for free.

If they start sending us merch you realize we'll be paying for it in increased service fees right? I mean,  I'd like all that stuff too but I don't really want to pay for it. Though if there was an option to purchase I would consider buying the keychains....

Dodi12
Level 2
Port Louis, MU

We've made cute little airbnb keychains as gift for our host in Lisbon last year. They loved it. 

We have since then added them to our etsy store and these are available for purchase in different colors. 

We can offer wholesale prices for bulk orders of 10pcs+ including free worldwide delivery. 

Do check them out at the link below:

Cheers, 

Dodi