Airbnb "Failed to process payment collection", what can I do?

Cecilia556
Level 2
Ensenada, Mexico

Airbnb "Failed to process payment collection", what can I do?

I have the same frustrating problem as Trish https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/airbnb-will-not-accept-our-payment/td-p/37463 when trying to book a Canadian stay. I called my bank several times and they always said it was not their problem. I contacted Airbnb tech support but they said the same thing. I replaced my plastic for a new one but the problem persisted. I tried with a different card from another bank but nothing. I tried paying through PayPal but I keep getting the same message "Failed to process payment collection."

I saw some of the comments here and then tried these:

-Change my profile name to match the name on my credit card. Nothing.

-Log out, then log in. Nothing.

-Try to pay using the App. Nothin.

-Deactivate the account and create a new one. Nothing.

-Change my prefered currency to that of the stay I want to book (Canadian dollars). I start getting a different error message with two cards from different banks and with PayPal: "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

I already missed 3 reservations and Airbnb seems to be completely LOST on this subject. Can anyone help me?

11 Replies 11
Juliette184
Level 1
Saint-Leu, Réunion

Hey, Im having the same problem now, let me now if you find a solution.... 

I have tried by adding my paypal account, and with another debit card and the "payment collection" is still failing. 

No, nothing worked.  I have spoken with a few guys from Airbnb tech support but none of them have been able to help.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Cecilia556 I had a guest who tried to book with me multiple times but couldn’t for the same reason. This reminds me to reach out To him and see what he ended up doing. I will report back.

Thank you.

I have had a similar problem. I haven’t been paid for hosting for one and half months. 

In August you have to update your payment details which I have done about seven time.  They now require IBAN  and SWIFT numbers. The Airbnb system is faulty and cannot process new payment details. 

I found this out today when I went to my bank and asked them to input the details - they couldn’t. One of the bank employees told me that another of their customers had the same problem and it was sorted out by phoning Airbnb and they input the payment details. 

It seems strange to me the a bank employee in a high street bank on the outskirts of London knows more about Airbnb’s IT problems than Airbnb “customer services” do after a month and half of not trying to sort it out. 

The same problem happened to me last year, which is also strange

Ernesto173
Level 2
Philippines

"Failed to process payment collection"  cannot  book my reservation. Is there a system error at Airbnb?

Jay1296
Level 1
Hanoi, VN

same problem here, tried to change to another method. but it still coldn't help

I have the same issue here  😞    "Failed to process payment collection"

any update from you guys?

I paid my first half and it went through on my paypal but now it isnt... i have the money for the second half but now it wont let me...

Pavel130
Level 1
Voronezh, RU

I had the same error. 

What I did to solve the problem was to change my current account of the payment card to the one in the currency of the payment. So that I paid in dollars and I had to create dollar account in the payment card and then make it current account. Before the change my current account was in my country's currency which prevented me prom payment.

I have same problem right now and nobody couldnt help.. Its madness! I've spent my 3 days for this??