Airbnb "likely to book" estimates have gone haywire

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb "likely to book" estimates have gone haywire

So Airbnb is telling me that for tomorrow only "8% of guests who were likely to book have already booked". LOL I guess 92% of future guests will be booking tonight. And it's like this across the board. This weekend also only 8% have already booked. Why do they even bother with this broken algorithm?

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Pete69  It's either broken or it's fixed so that no matter the data input, the output is always going to say "lower your prices."

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I have lost all faith in AirBNBs stats as they ALWAYS have anomalies that just can't be right. As a result I refuse to use the AirBNB auto pricing system as it will be based BS.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

HI guys.....What kills me is how they want to compare my price with someone renting a room.  Obviously they never bother to see what is really listed in the area.  @Ann72 is SO right, it's all about lowering your price.

I agree - The comparisons are just not sensible - we are often compared to 4 person places when ours accommodates 6.

Is anyone from AirBNB listening I wonder

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Pete69 @Wende2 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Ann72 
Ours are all over the joint to here in NZ.

Alas there's lots happening in Auckland in November so more people are looking - I keep an eye out on events and those dates are likely to be booked, however they still use the standard lowest average price.