Airbnb removed a pending guest from the site but will not provide details

Jaime521
Level 2
Houston, TX

Airbnb removed a pending guest from the site but will not provide details

Hi. Airbnb recently removed a guest from the Airbnb site and cancelled their pending reservation with us, but will not share the details. We have now received another booking request from what appears to be the fiancé of the individual that was removed. 
Airbnb’s response was that we could either reject the booking request or chat with the fiancé and see if we’d be comfortable approving the booking. 

Has anyone experienced this? If so how did you handle? 
I feel Airbnb is putting us in an awkward situation and this could be avoided if they simply shared the details of why the individual was removed.

Thank you in advance for your support.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Airbnb will never disclose that information. Just decline the request and flag the profile if you're sure it's the fiancee. @Jaime521

Patricio2
Level 6
Quito, Ecuador

@Jaime521  I had a similar problem once, my best advice to you is reject the guest.@Jaime521

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Jaime521   Definitely don't accept the booking,  Jaime.  I had a booking like this two or three years ago and it was just a trick to force me to take the booking.  There must be a strong reason why AirBNB removed that guest. Good luck !

Jaime521
Level 2
Houston, TX

Thank you all for your advice. We declined the booking, We let her know the reason why we could not accept the reservation and she withdrew the request. I’m hoping that is the last we hear from them.