Airbnb's Accounting error cost my payout reduce by cad671

Melissa1399
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

Airbnb's Accounting error cost my payout reduce by cad671

It has been more than 2 months since prospective guest, Ms Wissal, canceled her booking, and I called up immediately upon noticing an error in the transaction payout ( -ve "upcoming payout " due to Airbnb over crediting Ms Wissal for her canceled booking. Here is a brief summary --> Accordingly, Ms Wissal original booking would result in my payout of $4,171.00 for the duration, however, she requested a discount and flat rate of $3,500.00 which was agreed to. However, Ms Wissal then came back again stating she wanted $3,100.00 due to budget constraints and request me to do an outside deal [ not involving Airbnb ] with her which I rejected. Ms Wissal then canceled the booking. I subsequently received a phone call from Airbnb whether it was OK for Ms Wissal to cancel, to which I said to Airbnb ambassador, as long as it does not affect my rating & there are no penalties on my account, of which Airbnb rep. assured me on.
I check my payout on July 9 & 10, it still showed minus $671 in my future payout . I called and write to Airbnb almost every day ,no one was able to help and they also acknowledge that I did not receive any payment and do not understand why my payout show a negative $671.
Then finally July 29, one of Airbnb case manager, Mary responded to my message. She took some time to check on the case and said that my payout is adjusted to zero She also said the minus $671.00 will always be there as part of your airbnb system, which I trust. My Airbnb account remained unresolved all the while. There was NO closure to the case !! I finally had no choice but to ask for the contact name and email contact of their senior executive so that I can raise the issue to a highly level, I was flatly refused !!
Then, I recently hosted another guest, but had $671 deducted from my payout. Basically, I lost $671. This is totally unacceptable business practice, where is the professionalism and fairness ? Surely, Airbnb cannot be asking their hosts to pay for there internal accounting error and staff incompetency!

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa1399 If you can't get any progress then message Airbnb telling them that you are giving them 2 weeks to sort this out before you take them to the small claims court. A dual approach via Twitter might also help.

Then when 2 weeks have passed take them to court and, if all is as you describe, you should win easily.

Alternatively hope @Quincy points out to customer support that a court case is looming and you might get a sensible response. 

Good luck