Airbnb's Superhost dedicated hotline - that no one answers......

Nicola135
Level 2
Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom

Airbnb's Superhost dedicated hotline - that no one answers......

Do Airbnb answer the Superhost hotline? I've been left on hold for 45 minutes tonight.....! 

What terrible customer service. I've rung them as i need advice about my current (difficult) guest. But they can't be bothered to answer. I cannot find any other means available to contact them.

31 Replies 31
Sally144
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi Nicola, I completely sympathise. I was also holding yesterday for 40 minutes, and so I tried calling again (while still on hold) from a different phone, and they picked up almost immediately! So if you don't want to lose your place in the queue, you could try the same thing. Also, I don't know if this is just coincidence, could be, but when I didn't enter my date-of-birth (I just ignored it and after asking three times they put you through anyway), that also got me through straight away.

Good luck,

Sally 

Nicola135
Level 2

Thank you Sally! I've given up.....but I'm really disappointed that Airbnb don't live up to their promise! I did enter my correct date of birth ...... 3 times.....only to be told it wasn't recognised - though I don't know why it wouldn't be as I'd never get that wrong! 

I was trying to contact them whilst the booking was current, and whilst the guest was out -.as I had privacy. One guest has returned. They check out tomorrow. The issues are unresolved. I'm an extremely frustrated host! 

@Nicola135  Sending a tweet to @AirbnbHelp is many times the quickest way to get in touch with Airbnb.  Give that a shot!

Nicola135
Level 2

Thank you Cynthia and Chris - but I've never learned to tweet....so I don't have an account! Why give us a 'hot line' if they don't answer it! There does not appear to be any other telephone number for contact. I can't find an email address either.....I've realised they don't want to be contacted....it's all about the £££££! 

@Nicola135 you don't have to learn to tweet 🙂 I opened twitter account for just one reason - to be able to contact Airbnb. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nicola135 @Sally144

Did you girls ring from your registered Airbnb phone number?

I believe in America Superhosts are given a dedicated service phone number which is not available to general hosts.

Here in Australia, and as far as I know elsewhere in the world, if you ring from a phone that is not your registered Airbnb number you will be placed in a queue like eveyone else. If you use your registered airbnb number...that is the one Airbnb sends you sms information on, when you call, the system compares the number you are calling from with your registered Airbnb number and if it assesses that the two numbers match it registers that you are a superhost and immediately patches you through to a help centre.

Even though I ring my local Sydney number 02 85203333, if I ring from my home phone I get this run around of birthdays, phone numbers and whatever followed by the # key for 3 times, but if I call from my registered mobile number within 15 seconds I am talking to someone in San Francisco, or elsewhere. I was told this by a helpdesk operator when I mentioned surprise at how quickly my call was answered the first time I used my mobile. She said this is the situation that is set up to better help superhosts

This may not be relevant to you girls but it's just a snippet of information that might help.

Cheers.....Rob

Nicola135
Level 2

The answer to both is yes - I am callling the supposed Superhost hotline number for the UK which they emailed me to deal with queries just like the one I'm having......and yes I'm using my mobile phone which is registered to my account. Their complete non service has added to my woes. 

I hope they ask me for feedback on their customer services....! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nicola135

Well that has me stumped....has your account been compromised in some way? Have you had to alter personal information to your account? I am clutching at straws here Nicola becasue I can't believe that some of us are singled out for super good treatment while others are not.

I have to say that I thought I must be some incredibly fortunate individual by the treatment I have received from Airbnb on 4 occasions now, but @Jennifer178 has come back in this thread with the exact same experience I have had. It is un-nerving in this age of electronic phone gateways where all you seem to do is get stuck in some computerised merry go round by simply dialing a number, to instantly being recognised. I could call the regular Airbnb number now, right this instant, and I could guarantee you I would be speaking to someone on the other side of the world within 30 seconds. I would not even have to give my name....they would already know who I am as they answer my call. This is not fiction, it's what I receive from Airbnb help!

All I can say is there is some reason you are not being recognised....I don't know what that reason is, your superhost status seems to be intact, but there is some reason why you are getting this run-around and it would be interesting to know what that reason is. It may be worth pursuing to find out what settings need to be in place for you to receive the help that I get!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4 wrote:

@Nicola135 @Sally144

Did you girls ring from your registered Airbnb phone number?

I believe in America Superhosts are given a dedicated service phone number which is not available to general hosts.

Here in Australia, and as far as I know elsewhere in the world, if you ring from a phone that is not your registered Airbnb number you will be placed in a queue like eveyone else. If you use your registered airbnb number...that is the one Airbnb sends you sms information on, when you call, the system compares the number you are calling from with your registered Airbnb number and if it assesses that the two numbers match it registers that you are a superhost and immediately patches you through to a help centre.

Even though I ring my local Sydney number 02 85203333, if I ring from my home phone I get this run around of birthdays, phone numbers and whatever followed by the # key for 3 times, but if I call from my registered mobile number within 15 seconds I am talking to someone in San Francisco, or elsewhere. I was told this by a helpdesk operator when I mentioned surprise at how quickly my call was answered the first time I used my mobile. She said this is the situation that is set up to better help superhosts

This may not be relevant to you girls but it's just a snippet of information that might help.

Cheers.....Rob

They never gave me dedicated number.  I'm calling about a major error by them.  Like everyone else here I've been on hold for over a half-hour.  No choice but to talk with them.  Makes me feel angry.

Sally144
Level 2

I saw someone else on here recommend using Twitter to contact Airbnb, with success. I have never tried it but if you use Twitter maybe that is an option - and the guest won't be able to overhear...

Sally144
Level 2

oops - sorry I didn't see the previous response! Ignore me!

We were also on hold for 30 minutes after a group threw a party at our home. Horrible experience. Airbnb needs to address this or they will lose superhosts. Not worth the hassle and issues 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

dedicated hot line for superhosts? I keep hearing about that, but I never got any info or specific number for that from Airbnb here in the US, and I am superhost. Not that I needed it, just curious.....