Airbnb's Superhost dedicated hotline - that no one answers......

Nicola135
Level 2
Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom

Airbnb's Superhost dedicated hotline - that no one answers......

Do Airbnb answer the Superhost hotline? I've been left on hold for 45 minutes tonight.....! 

What terrible customer service. I've rung them as i need advice about my current (difficult) guest. But they can't be bothered to answer. I cannot find any other means available to contact them.

31 Replies 31
Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

Hi @Nicola135 and @Sally144, Normally they do answer that number right away. The first time it freaked me out when they answered ,"Hello Jennifer how may I help you.  The next time I called I did have to give my birth date and something else and then they picked right up.  I only have my mobile phone.  The service has been excellent.  The resolution was immediate with pleasant and friendly people. I felt like they really cared. I received follow-up emails from the service reps asking me if there was anything else they could help me with, feel free to call at any time and so forth. In addition,  I have received requests to answer questions about my experience with customer service.  And my opinion of Airbnb in general. I think they are trying.

I started hosting in July and became a superhost in October. During that period I never had any problems getting a hold of customer service.  The first 2 times I called I did wait about 20-30 minutes but the worst part was the hold music which I am sure is played to pick off the weak.  But again I had great service.  I am sure I am not alone.  Airbnb got too big too fast and they do not have enough well trained people to handle guest and host problems or questions.  I am sure this will get better.

I too do not tweet (the whole thing makes me sick) but I gave in and joined twitter in case I had a minor question so they are free to help others.  It is a shame I have no patience.  I did have a question but after waiting an hour I called anyway.  I got a response on twitter a half hour after that. Keep the faith and I hope in the future you have better experiences.

Unfortunately, some people will wait for ages, get bad answers, no answers and incompetance from time to time

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennifer178

Oh thank God Jennifer, you have experienced it too!!!......people said I was bullshi*ting....the first time I did that, even long term contribuitors. Within 15 seconds of my dailing someone answered the phone and said...."Good afternoon Robin how can I help you today" ....and you are right Jennifer, it is quite scary. It seems that your enquiry is sent to a helpdesk and the profile relating to that enquiry is flashed up on the screen of the helpdesk person and yes, yes, yes, that is exactly the way they answer the phone....'Hello Jennifer how can I help you'!

You know Jennifer, we relate our experiences here, not to be big deal or stupid! We do it as per what has happened to us, and more often than not someone will tell us that what we are experiencing is not valid or a figment of our imagination!

Oh I could kiss you Jennifer, you have validated what I have been criticised and been belittled for!

Good on you!

Cheers......Rob

......the cheque is in the mail 🙂 🙂

Hello @Robin4, sorry for not responding until now but a full nights sleep and a full day at work delayed me.  I agree, we do not say positive things to go "look at me" but to give hope and a different perspective.  I do sometimes feel that I am operating in an alternate universe from other hosts because my experiences overall have been positive.  But we also know that we are more likely to speak up when we are feeling hard done by or we perceive some injustice to another.  Not many people yell out yippy, but they will yell out bulls**t.  I just need to hear some positive to soften the plenty of negative.

On another note, I looked at my listing stats the other day and saw the breakdown had returned detailing how many stars I received in every category just as you had shown.  Much joy filled my heart.  I had to go away for an hour.  Came back, logged on, had pen and paper ready to write them down.....gone again. My stars are mostly 5s across the board but I like stats.  Very bummed.

I will take my kiss and cheque now!

I too need to contact airbnb by phone...what is their phone number?  I have not received a payment from last weekend.  Don't know if I am considered a superhost -- but would like to why I have not received payment as of yet. I cannot find a number for them anywhere.

Thanks so much.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Yvette29

Hi Yvette....no you are not a Superhost, though I don't quite know why! Your guests love you, you do not appear to have any host booking cancellations and you seem to have all the criteria to be a Superhost!

But that aside you have had plenty of sucessfull hostings so the payment stream is obviously working for you. Have you received an email from Airbnb saying tha payment had been released to your nomintaed account? With your current situation you said this last hosting was last weekend. Payment may not have been released until Monday or Tuesday this week and banks are notorious for taking two or three days to deposit payments into nominated accounts so it is probable that your payment will arrive today.

If it hasn't arrived by Tuesday next week I would contact Airbnb and quote the booking reference and get them to release payment to you. The phone number to contact Airbnb in the US are.....

United States (USA) +1-415-800-5959 (local San Francisco number)

or +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

Full contact information for Airbnb can be found in this link Yvette....

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

All the best Yvette, I hope it all sorts out for you.

Cheers.....Rob

Clif-And-Judy0
Level 1
Edgartown, MA

I have had IT....AirBnB pick up the phone....I am a superhost for 6 quarters.  You sent me a BOOK about AirBnB.  Your customer service had gone WAY into the dumps.  This is a bad sign.

this is ridiculous!!!  YOU don't pick up the phone anymore...I am extremely angry.  I am a superhost for six quarters and I get NO service from you.  What is going on?  Call me: Clif Freedman 2013 521 9032 NOW!

@Clif-And-Judy0

Maybe you have just been unlucky! This afternoon I had a booking request for this evening...in fact the guest wished to arrive within the hour. The cottage was good to go so I tried to accept the booking request but nothing happened. I could open a conversation stream with the guest, but I could not accept their request. Click on the 'Accept' tab and nothing would happen!

I phoned the local Sydney number 0285203333 and immediately got that electronic voice which said..."Welcome Superhost your call will be answered shortly" and within 15 seconds operator 'Rache' in San Francisco said, "Good afternoon Robin how can I help you today"!

@Clif-And-Judy0 this is what always happens....every time I want to call help this is exactly the attention I get. I find Airbnb to be the easiest company to contact I have ever dealt with....Government departments could learn sh*tloads from Airbnb, let me tell you.

Maybe I am fortunate living on this side of the world but as long as I phone using my registered airbnb phone the system registers my status with Airbnb and someone on the other side of the world gets my site details flashed on their screen and I have my problem dealt with.....just like that, instantly!

Cheers.....Rob

Lauren416
Level 2
Dillon, CO

Do you have the superhost number with US. Thanks!

@Lauren416  Here you go:

For Superhosts (they will verify you):
Germany: +49 30 31 19 91 75
Italy: +39 02 947559910
North America: +1-647-945-9627 +1.888.326.5753

Alastair0
Level 9
Chiang Mai, Thailand

I like to listen to Evelyn’s hosting journey and during a podcast the Superhost direct telephone number was mentioned. We have been Superhosts for many years and yet I have never been sent a special number, why, where would I find it? Hence my search on the forum. 

But I also see a new post that these numbers have recently been stopped. We are in Thailand and Ireland is our “local” Airbnb contact (7hour time difference)  so does anybody know where I can get the number and is it still useable. 

Thanks

Al & Nok

Rice Barn and Rooms

Hosting for 12 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alastair0, I am sorry tagging is not working today, hopefully they will get on top of it soon!

Your nearest support Alastair, is the same as mine....Manilla, and the time difference is neglegible!

We both operate out of the same relative time zone and that is where our calls will be answered from! It is only if there is no available operator free at that moment that the call will be answered in either Dublin or San Francisco!

Alastair, it is not that you have a 'special' superhost number as such in most of the world! It is just the regular phone number but, where the trick comes in, if you are calling Airbnb you must do it from the phone number Airbnb has registered on your account. If you call from a number not recognised by Airbnb you will simply go straight into the phone queue.

But when you call from your Airbnb registered phone the system compared the number calling with any number on file and if there is a match it recognises that you are a Superhost and your call will be answered by the first CX anywhere in the world, and your profile will already be up on one of their screens. It is super quick Alastair! I have had to do it a few times lately and I am never waiting for more than 15 seconds before I am talking to CX.

All the best Al.

Cheers.....Rob

[@ mention updated] 

Hi Rob

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in answering. 
The only downside is that calling international numbers on a mobile is very expensive. Wouldn't it be great if we could connect with skype.

Al

Hosting for 12 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alastair0

Hi Alastair, Yeah, I understand what you are saying, and there is not currently a designated Airbnb number for Thailand. In your situation I would use Twitter as a good contact option.

I find that this is the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having.  Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and the couple of times I have used this option, I hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my isssue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for verifying information such as your listing and a/c details, but always provide it in a DM so it is not public.

Others here who have used Twitter will also verify the level of help received seems to be more 'professional'.....more informed!

Give this a go Alastair, and good luck mate!

Cheers.....Rob

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Nicola0

Ive fortunately nevervexperienced a problem with the air bnb London Number.

Longest I’ve had to wait is 5 minutes.