Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However...

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However...

Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However... the only option I'm seeing is sending to guests from 2019. I'd really like to send cards to some spectacular guests in 2020. Has anyone found a way to bring those guests up on the greeting card program? Thank you!

41 Replies 41
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good idea.

I would go far and suggested that Airbnb should an automatic procees to send the post cards.

Airbnb could offer an opt in choice to send the cards automatically to our guests that we gave only five stars on the reviews, and to guest who wrote only five stars reviews to the host.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Hmm, on my page, it automatically brings up all guests in my history ('19/'20), to whom I've given 4-5 stars. I just clicked 'send cards' and it took me straight to the list.  I wonder why it's different for you @Erin443 

What I'm finding onerous is not being able to select a large group at once to send the same card/greeting to. Each guest has to be selected individually. Time consuming.

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

@Colleen253  Really? That's so frustrating! Thanks for letting me know.

Ok, it's glitchy I think! I have since noticed that a few of my very best guests are not on the list to choose from. I definitely gave them 5 stars all the way through. It seems I have no way to manually select them. Ugh. There are also a few guests on the list to whom I gave less than 4 stars in some categories.

Derek157
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Same here.  Some very welcome guests were not on the list.  I also agree with @Colleen253 that there should be the ability to select a number or "all" guests.  I haven't got time to go backwards and forwards selecting the worthies..  In short - good idea, but needs more work before next year to make it more useful.  You want me to advertise Airbnb ( for this is what this is) then make it easier for me.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Erin443  @Colleen253  @

My feeling is greeting cards should be a personal thing, not some company mass E mail-out. I think it's a reasonable initiative on the part of the company to basically keep host and guest in contact via a bit of Airbnb promotion but, for my best guests I wanted something a bit more personal.

I had a few hundred of my own cards printed and  I made a point of getting the mailing addresses of those 20 or so that I really wanted to keep in touch with, and on the anniversary of their stay I send through the snail mail system, one of these.....

IMG20170403210613 cc.jpg

IMG20201220103646.jpg

Something like this is a bit more heartfelt and appreciated than a generic mail-out.

Cheers.......Rob

Without question, Rob. That's a lovely, thoughtful thing to do.

Bronwyn38
Level 10
Wandandian, Australia

likewise, @Robin4 - I send a few personal cards that I get done myself, to favourite return guests in particular, and this year I have also a couple of little Christmas tree ornaments of their specific breeds of dogs that have stayed with us numerous times over the past 5.5 years, and I am giving this year's Christmas guests a couple of little extra treats when they stay with us... a little PR gives one a nice feeling eh!?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Erin443 I am only seeing guests from 2017 and 2018. Not 2019 or 2020!

@Emilia42 yeah, me too,  I'm getting 2016-2017 only!  It is a nice idea and I would definitely do it, but per usual, its too glitchy to be of any use at present.  

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

And me! Guests from 2017 & part of 2018. Some of whom didn't review me!

I wouldn't dream of intruding into the lives of any of them ! Especially not when so long ago...

@Erin443 

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

@Emilia42 Ack! I'm not sure if that's hilarious or sad. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Erin443  @Emilia42 

Excuse my ignorance, sending Airbnb stuff is something I should know but have never bothered to get involved with! Where are you finding this info in your account?

The thing I do love about this time of year, many of our guests are leaving a little something for us. One guest even left a movie voucher for two which I thought was incredibly generous!

IMG20201220093329.jpg

IMG20201220135059.jpg

I do feel good when, without any fanfare or anything I walk in the cottage and a nice little gift is there. Makes us feel worthwhile to be rewarded like that!

Cheers.........Rob

@Robin4  My guest list was accessed from a link in my dashboard.