Airbnb's website is one of the worst I've encountered

Andrew76
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb's website is one of the worst I've encountered

Has anyone else had a frustrating experience trying to navigate this website? It has to be one of the most counter-intuitive things I've encountered. You can't get easily from A to B, especially in managing the calendar. I mean, airbnb isn't a poor company. You'd think they'd put a few dollars into making the site easier to navigate, rather than making it just look pretty. It's getting so I hate coming on here.

99 Replies 99
Nicholas377
Level 2
Redwood City, CA

It is the worst site on the internet. Agreed. 

Hamish24
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

It is not very helpful to complain and not provide any suggestions ON what you are finding unhelpful

Can't really agree with any of your points if all you are saying is that the website is the worst. Worst in comparison to what exactly?

What exactly is making your experience bad? Sure it feels great to express frustration and vent. But this does not exactly FIX your problem either. 

I can't think of a better website or service to manage, host or book properties. Can you?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

The app is just as bad if not worse. I have recently received 2 messages from newbies trying to sign up on airbnb so they can rent my place BUT they say they are hung up in the verification stage and can't get through it. I gave them airbnbs phone number. 

Currently having the same problem and they clearly have no intention to fix it. Perhaps this is why that 72% of the complaints (which far outnumbers that of abuses and other stuff) come from. The verification system is worse than Byzantine bureaucracy and not user-friendly at all. How on earth you need to verify the payment by your freaking bank instead of usual click-and-go method, in the year of our lord 2020s? Even worse, the verification code can only be sent by SMS, instead of both SMS and e-mail (or even better, let the renters decide). The unhelpful customer service also doesn't help. 

Jacob305
Level 1
Smyrna, GA

Website is incredibly unintuitive and a pain to navigate. To find info like check out dates/times I have to dig through a series of emails which all look the same and none of which display information in an orderly fashion. REALLY TERRIBLE USER INTERFACE. Should definitely invest some money in fixing this mess.

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

When a guest makes a booking enquiry or instant booking, please show the Calendar with the booking. Before replying to them, i want to know if previous guests are  departing on their arrival day and implications on check in. I don't want multiple pages, scrolling and clicks to find that information. A thumbnail of the Calendar Month in which the guest arrives would be great. It used to be a feature in previous versions, please re-instate it. 

just the worst

Ben781
Level 2
Boat of Garten, GB

I find it hard to believe all the glitches iv encountered with the web site and mobile app possibly worst yet.
This is a 30billion dollar company Realy !

and customer service is chargeable at a huge cost on the phone when things go wrong

quote simply it’s lazy and robbing ways won’t last the distance in the race to being the worlds number one.
   they set you such high standards and penalise you for one little mistake ... if it were the other way round I’d be defiantly giving them a 3 out of five 🤭 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Why am I able to include a photo in a message to my airbnb guest WHEN I'M ON THE APP but the website messaging system does NOT ALLOW pictures to be sent?

Another annoyance... why am I allowed to create "saved messages" for my overnight airbnb listing BUT I'm NOT ABLE to create saved messages for my airbnb experience?! I have to type everything out to every new booking! Yes, I am aware of the "welcome message" but that is different than a "saved message" that I can quickly send out to a guest myself. 

Another problem... why doesn't airbnb experiences allow hosts the option of TURNING OFF INSTANT BOOK like hosts CAN DO for their airbnb overnight listing? We need a chance to vet our potential experience guests just like we do our overnight guests. Whether its an overnight guest or an experience guest... it's still COMPLETE STRANGERS coming to my HOME! I need to know a bit more about them, their intentions, their expectations and be able to message them BEFORE they are allowed to book. 

There has to be a better, more seamless way for an airbnb host to toggle back and forth between their experience listing and its inbox to their overnight listing and its inbox. It's very confusing as it is now. Maybe make one simple inbox with a tab for experiences and a tab for overnight messages? 

Why does airbnb take 0% of the fee for an experience from the guest and take the ENTIRE 20% FEE FROM THE HOST? That's very unfair. It makes people not even want to be experience hosts. Split it 50/50 between the guest and the host. 

I had to curse at it the entire time. Someone needs to be choke slammed through 10 tables