Airbnb's website is one of the worst I've encountered

Andrew76
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb's website is one of the worst I've encountered

Has anyone else had a frustrating experience trying to navigate this website? It has to be one of the most counter-intuitive things I've encountered. You can't get easily from A to B, especially in managing the calendar. I mean, airbnb isn't a poor company. You'd think they'd put a few dollars into making the site easier to navigate, rather than making it just look pretty. It's getting so I hate coming on here.

99 Replies 99
Tom3605
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Very very appalling experience of navigating around the website and actually booking a website. The website continually fails to log my phone number so I therefore cannot book my apartment and logging into my account is more problematic everyrtime. Errors on the servers constantly if I wish to update any information, verification codes being sent are great but not giving any windows to enter that code seems as though the databases of airbnb have been designed extremely badly. 

Tom Billington
Todd5
Level 4
Hermosa Beach, CA

Welcome to the wonderful world of Airbnb, Andrew. For all the talk about improving the website, I've seen little to support that assertion.

Andrew99
Level 3
Marrickville, Australia

It is beyond bad. And, so far as I can tell, totally unsupported.

Spoken like a kiss-up loser. AirBNB is a user hostile, flaming mess of anti-design.

**[post removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Mike333
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Definately in the top three worst sites .. 

worst for customer support 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

The calander is a nightmare

Also, the listing views per day, week and month page changed recently making it much harder to see how many views my listing gets. It used to say the exact number of views per day, week and month... now it has a ridiculous graph that approximates the number of views. I hate it. 

It so bad and frustrating - I hate it, too

Terrence2
Level 3
Delmar, NY

Their website is super slow because they have loaded it with too many photos, graphics, and useless tools.

Terrence2
Level 3
Delmar, NY

It's a $30 Billion dollar company too cheap to hire good programmers! Their website is super slow because it is loaded down with useless video and crap you do not need as a host or a customer.

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I agreed! The website and mobile app leave a lot to be desired. What even more surprising is that these applications were developed to service the hospitality sector where quality of service is utmost important. ABB has been spending a lot of money on acquiring software companies recently. They have also acquired a new round of funding lately. You would think they would spend a little of that money on fine tuning the web and mobile application, but instead it's going to places where they can expand their global domination.

It's hands down the worst, glitchiest, slowest, most irritating website that I've ever used more than once.  I actually hate airbnb with a passion and am actively funding efforts to outcompete these idiots and put them out of business.  

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>I actually hate airbnb with a passion and am actively funding efforts to outcompete these idiots and put them out of business.<<

Assuming you're here for no other reason than to learn how *not* to run a website then?

Roby6
Level 2
San Diego, CA

It's the worst.  And now they have even improved on it's terrible-ness by pushing "Experiences" on me when all I want is to find a place to stay.  And lately if I put in a specific town or city, a bunch of listings come up that are not even very near to the specific place I'm requesting.  It's like they've decided they can plan my vacation better than I can.  Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone in hating the site.  Great service but definitely one of the worst user interfaces, ever.

Terrence2
Level 3
Delmar, NY

New problem on the website. Dates blacked out for months at a time on several hosts I have tried to contact. What is going on?