Airbnb scams innocent guests with wrong address

Airbnb scams innocent guests with wrong address

Airbnb is an accomplice with illegal property owners. Airbnb lies about the location of listing and once a guest arrives at the reserved property, it becomes already too late to arrange another normal place. Airbnb takes money from innocent customers and never responds to complaints. 

I experienced checking in a wrong place with different address from the original location which appears while I browse. I realized that there is a significant noise nearby due to on-going construction at the right next building. Airbnb and the host internationally scammed innocent guests  in order to take money and avoid responding to any complaints. Even after 3 weeks of my complaints, Airbnb messaged me to move out as soon as possible due to safety issues as I already reported upon my check in at the very beginning of the staying period.

Airbnb's response to my complaints on wrong location: I am Back of Airbnb customer support team, but unfortunately we're unable to help our customers in case of incorrect address. We encourage all of our customers to contact their own host to resolve this issue.

Airbnb's email to me for move out ASAP: I’m Alice C with Airbnb. Airbnb has determined that we are unable to support this reservation, and will be moving forward with cancelling it. If check-in has already happened, we ask that the checkout process begin as soon as possible.

Airbnb's response to my request  of refund: We're unable to help with this issue since you already paid for reservation and money is already delivered to the host.

Airbnb's response to my request of explaining why Airbnb keeps refusing refund: I’m Amanda with Airbnb. We're unable to support you on this case any more.

7 Replies 7

I called and spoke with a support team but they keep saying that they can not do anything about the wrong locations and lost money for earlier check out due to safety issues. They still keep my money for reservation as well as service fee. The business model of Airbnb is all about illegal activities and scamming!!!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kenneth276 This does not match the usual behaviour reported on this forum where guests are often refunded and hosts lose out even when its not fair.

The one consistent thing is that Airbnb's support decisions are inconsistent. 

I know this doesn't help you but there are honest hosts out there as well as a few bad ones. Hope you left an appropriately bad review to warn future guests.

There are some honest and ethical hosts around the world. It is also true that bad hosts attract innocent customers using untrue locations, amenities and conditions of the house. The other day, I saw on the news that one innocent customers were surprised to realize that there is host who is sleeping upstairs although s/he booked entire private house. Then, the guest moved out and reported to the airbnb. However, airbnb keeps letting the host rent the property on airbnb. What does that imply? Airbnb is aware of the fact that there are plenty of illegal, unsafe, and/or bad property but the global platform company does not want to deploy enough resources of detecting, removing such scams.    

Plenty of listings on airbnb around the world is actually ILLEGAL!!!

Airbnb's business model is all about ILLEGAL RENTALS!!

Airbnb should first figure out regulatory issues in each country instead of collecting money no matter what while expecting governments around the world to be supportive this sharing property, which is unlikely.!

Airbnb's damage case that became a 'room of terror' snoring in the middle of the night:

"Shhh! I think we're not the only ones here."

Last 27th, 1am. Mr. A, a woman in her 20s who went to play with Yeosu during the holiday season, was terrified by her friend's words. I heard a snoring sound on the upper floor of the Airbnb property. It was a reservation place to stay after seeing the notice that the entire duplex house is used alone. However, there was a piece of paper on the staircase that said, "Don't go up because it's a private space." Suspiciously, Mr. A called the police. A police investigation revealed that the man who snored upstairs was the owner of the property.
In retrospect, there was not one or two suspicious
things. In the evening, i played music with a Bluetooth speaker and immediately sent a text message to the owner, "The sound of the song is too loud." Still, he had little doubt. The room was clean and comfortable. After calling the police, Mr. A, who had identified the situation, was given a refund and exited the property.

Airbnb's damage case that became a 'room of terror' snoring in the middle of the night(continued):

Mr. A's story has recently become a hot topic in an online community. In a phone call with The JoongAng Ilbo, Mr. A said, "I didn't think there would be anyone upstairs because I thought it was a warehouse," and he was "scared that he stayed with someone he didn't know for the day."

Mr. A immediately asked Airbnb to take measures to prevent a recurrence, but he said he had not received a clear answer until 30 days later. Mr. A said, "I asked him to edit the phrase "use the entire house" in the site reservation window, but it didn't change," he said, "and i was embarrassed to ask him if the owner might still be living because the reservation was full until August, and we had to book and check for him." An Airbnb official said, "We've warned the host and educated them," and "we'll take a closer look at it because if this happens again, we can take action to get rid of the platform."
There was also a reaction that he had seen similar
damage. One writer wrote, "I used Airbnb in Itaewon, but i was the landlord because i was trying to open the door locked door, and it was absurd to say that he came to pick up his son's food in the refrigerator."

Airbnb's damage case that became a 'room of terror' snoring in the middle of the night(continued):

There are concerns that accommodation sharing services could become a hotbed of crime. Airbnb guest damage has been reported. In May, the government agreed to allow domestic residents to share accommodation that was only allowed to foreigners. To help the tourism industry hit by a new type of coronavirus infection (Corona 19).
In some cases, a man who rented a room through Airbnb and attempted to shoot illegally has been punished.
In June 2018, the man illegally filmed a woman who rented a room through Airbnb by installing a desk clock-shaped infrared camera at his home in Seongdong-gu, Seoul. In January last year, the Seoul Eastern District Law sentenced a man to six months in prison and one year of probation.
In March last year, illegal camera cameras were found on Airbnb in southern California' Orange County,
USA. In 2017, five Korean women were sexually assaulted by an Airbnb host in Fukuoka, Japan. There was also a site called Airbnb Hell,which shares examples of consumer damage.