Airbnb shares your direct messages

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Airbnb shares your direct messages

Just another reminder that nothing we do on line is private, and that that a corporation has a lot of data doesn't mean it has a clue how to use it constructively.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/business/secret-consumer-score-access.html

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

That's incredible @Lisa723 - thanks for sharing.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

My  security software  warned me last night that a social media platform was trying to track me- I've been away from computers and this is my only "social media platform" anyway I'm going to set up the parameters to disallow tracking & the program says that it's likely I won't even  be able to use the site once I do that (unless it was house sitting kids using face book) A creepy but enlightening article, thanks, Sally

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Lisa723 

Guess what platforms know the best location for STR, I know what you’re thinking it’s obvious the central locations, but the real profit is in the outlier the one that aren't immediately obvious!

Maybe ones near Hospitals or halfway point between two cities, just to mention  two.

Airbnb knows and you're a fool if you think they’re not going to leverage that information, whether its ethical or not, they probably have a team working on it as we speak.