Airbnb should inform guests about what Airbnb is about

Lucrecia2
Level 4
Guatemala

Airbnb should inform guests about what Airbnb is about

I think Airbnb should inform the persons that are searching for a home, apt or room about BASIC info they should know before they search and rent !

1) Before you rent or ask  , it is the guests (renter) responsibility to read the description and rules because each house is different !

2) Renting a home, apt or bedroom is NOT as renting a hotel unless stated in the description you might even be expected to clean the place before you leave.

3).....and before requesting a review from guests , Airbnb should inform guests that complains about anything that is clear in the description will not be accepted and HONOR US removing those reviews based on pure laziness  to read and ignorance from demanding guests

12 Replies 12
Alithea1
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

My guests lately have been flat out mean and rude in their reviews and private feedback. I agree, most of their complaints are over issues I am totally transparent about or that I have to get up and go to work early in the morning. 
it’s really disheartening when I put so much of my time and effort into providing a comfortable place to stay. 

Yeah sometimes people misunderstand what Airbnb is for 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lucrecia2  I was just thinking this the other day - caveat emptor - "the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made."

Lucrecia2
Level 4
Guatemala

Yes , it has been the same with me , lately it is like they arrive already with the predisposition to make hell on me . Demand , demand , demand! and we know that if they leave mad they will give us 3 stars and bring down all our work!  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lucrecia2 

Lucrecia, Airbnb is about promoting Airbnb!

They will tell guests to read the hosts house rules, but they will not be required to acknowledge or accept them before booking.

They will tell guests they are responsible for any damage they create, but they don't take a security deposit!

They will tell hosts they are entitled to cancel any reservation they are not comfortable with, but they will penalise the host if Airbnb considers discrimination is involved!

They tell the host that Aircover will protect them from loss due to a guest, but any compensation is not replacement value, it will be a fraction of what the host has lost! 

The guest can cancel at any time during a stay and receive a refund minus 1 night, if the guest was antagonistic and the host cancels, the host will be hit with a full refund!

The common thread in all of this is, the guest is not held liable......in a dispute the host will invariably suffer!

Airbnb are not going to advertise to guests that hosts rights are to be protected......that's just bad for business!

Cheers........Rob

Daniel9339
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Amen. I agree. Especially point 2

I completely agree, renters do NOT read house rules so what I have been doing in my reply to each review is to write some thing to inform future guest about my listing.

Most renters do not read ! I send the Address with a letterhead in Capital letters ADDRESS AND WAZE LINK , and the ask me for the address , sadly! 

Exactly almost 90% of the guests i host do not read anything about my page I have to send address and phone number all the time. So I make it a point to send them a day before they arrived! 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great suggestions @Lucrecia2  !!!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

It would have been really nice if airbnb removed negative reviews that clearly came from not reading the description. Just the other day I had someone leave 4 stars because in their own words the lay out was not clear from pictures and they did not have the time to read the description. They also added that it was perfectly functional, just not what they initially thought. How is this 4 stars?

Absolutely! it is unfair to get 4 stars or less because guests did not read the descrition!