Airbnb should support hosts lobby city regulations

Dylan11
Level 2
Squamish, Canada

Airbnb should support hosts lobby city regulations

My community in British Columbai, Canada is considering regulations which may significantly limit Airbnb. Looking through the community chats, I see the same in many, many other communities.

So, I contacted Airbnb to see if they had research to help us lobby to keep Airbnb legal, and maybe resources to help us gather community-specific data. I discovered to my deep disappointment that there is no research, no guidance, no resources to help US keep THEM in business.

It would cost very little to put together a few white papers on examples of good regulations (those which allow most Airbnb activity to continue, while limiting specific community problems caused by having Airbnb operate) and how to lobby your local governing body.

In addition, I have created an anonymous online survey to gather information to help me lobby council. However, there is no way to get the message to the hosts, except by the labour-intensive process of sending a fake reservation request or inquiry to each host after a manual search, and in that message to have the web address exploded to get around the Airbnb filters.

I wish Airbnb was interested in helping us keep them in business!

Does anyone have any advice on how to gather information or where to find research?

2 Replies 2
Lena90
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Dylan,

Have you had any response or support from Airbnb? 

I am also interested in this information!!