Airbnb took $100 from my transfer without any explanation

Mahdi22
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

Airbnb took $100 from my transfer without any explanation

Hello Folks

I am relatively new in airbnb as a host.  I had total of $1222 ( after deducting Airbnb's fees). 

The $1222 were sent in 2 transfers

1)  $325 

2) $897

However what I get in my bank is totally different amounts.  So instead of $325   I got $274.  and instead of 897  i received 846.  Of course this is BEFORE deducting my bank's fees.  So in total we are talking about $100 missing out of $1222. This is a a total RIP OFF.   

When I called phone support the agent did not give me any clear answer and just escalated the issue.  I got an email about that escalation, so i replied with further details and I included attachments that show the amount i received.  However the case was CLOSED without even bothering to answer or address my concern.

Airbnb is NOT honest.

17 Replies 17
Mahdi22
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

If it's as simple as you say. then support would have immediately figured out about that and told me I was charged for cancellation.

The thing you are missing is, $100 was total missing from 2 transfers. $50 from each was taken.  

If it's really cancelation fees , then the $100 must have been deducted from one transfer but not $50 each.  The punishment should be taken one time not from all my transfers

@Mahdi22  If there were a cancellation penalty applied, it would be logged as such in your Transaction History. 

You're based in Jordan, where Airbnb does not have operations handling the local currency. So what's happening here is that you're being charged an international wire transfer fee for each payout. US$50 is a standard flat fee for these transfers, and Airbnb is not the party that charges it.  See here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/321/

" If the funds are transferred using an intermediate bank, the intermediate bank may also deduct fees from the payout. Airbnb can't inform you on how much you'll be charged to receive an international wire. In addition, Airbnb is not responsible for any fees deducted during the international wire, by your bank, or by the intermediary bank."

Yes that could be the reason and it's the most likely reason.