Airbnb will now move a guest to an Airbnb hotel and refuse pay out

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Airbnb will now move a guest to an Airbnb hotel and refuse pay out

I had a guest who booked at least a month ago and scheduled to move in Thursday. This morning I got a message from Airbnb that this guest prefers a hotel so they moved her and I will not be getting a pay out. She was moved to a hotel listed on Airbnb. I thought I was aware of all the tricks they have to screw us but they keep amazing me with new ones. 

27 Replies 27
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

That's disgusting !!

What is MORE disgusting are the lies which are fed to worldwide hosts and the angelic disposition and self promotion they peddle. Again they find ways to specifically squeeze already hard pressed hosts. For a tech company, they live in a vacuum when they think the real story won't be found. 

Chesky promised he was 'returning to roots' - like hell !

Chesky sacked 1900 employees/ASSETS because he couldn't afford to employ them anymore.

Chesky spent $400m of service fees on HotelTonight, ASSETS earned on the backs of hosts.

Those same hosts he refused to support in the Corvid-19 crisis and has plummeted the trust of the company to the worst of all other OTA's.

Now - He's siphoning guests to (possibly HotelTonight), removing income from hard working hosts and again screwing hosts over and Stabbing Hosts in the back!

People, this needs to stop.

Whatever happened to Chesky's claim "people prefer to stay in homes?" has that soundbite now expired?

@Inna22 If you have lost out on your booking fees, add it to your arbitration cases stacking up from the beginning of this mess. Search '10000 Hosts' they are offering to help you satisfy your claims through the Airbnb approved channels. This is the only sort of language this company respects.

Not wanting to post a web address here to only find it to be censored as, - *for safety reasons* - just type '10000hosts dot com' to find out more.

Still clinging on to the dream at Host's expenseStill clinging on to the dream at Host's expense

Link Here:

https://skift.com/2020/06/22/airbnb-ceo-to-tech-platform-peers-clean-up-your-own-content-or-the-gove...

No survey required to verify this one.No survey required to verify this one.

Link here:

https://www.rentalscaleup.com/property-managers-found-vrbos-response-to-covid-19-crisis-the-best-whi...

@Sarah977 You asked about the "Listening Groups" and where Airbnb get their data to roll out new policies, and which hosts they ask. Plainly, from the sample here, they must be either paying for testimonials, or filtering their data objects to suit their needs.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 Thank you for the great details. Have your heard of legalbnb? They found another twist in the terms and are already in settlement talks with Airbnb on behalf of their clients 

@Inna22 

What other twist have legalbnb found?

Already known issues are; The interference of contract; not notifying members in a change of Terms; Changing the scope of the Extenuating Circumstances policy. That I recall...

Does one of those include the other twist or not ?

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 it was non notification of change. So I guess this covers it 

@Inna22 

That one simple omission alone could be a very costly mistake, and yet still it hasn't been notified.

The notification of change is written in the terms that any changes to the Terms should be notified directly to members 30 days before those changes being implemented.

Like the percentage of guests who don't use their refund vouchers and who default their loss to Airbnb, I believe Airbnb must be gambling that a significant percentage of hosts won't care and won't arbitrate but instead will allow Airbnb to 'just override their cancellation fees'.

Except it isn't just that any more now. Now, the whole booking value is the arbitrated loss, not just the cancellation fee, and every host would be eligible, regardless of whatever cancellation policy a host had. Not notifying the change now simply breaches the whole contract.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 Very interesting point, not sure I would agree until legal position know but if you are right then life would be a lot less stressful!

Be safe and happy Shaun

Ive lost trust in Airbnb by 500%

Ditto here in NY state!

SO true!!! The private ABB persona is completely different than the public persona. Butter wouldn’t melt with their public loving, caring “outreach”, but reality is a completely different thing. So sorry, hosts (not)...

Bill264
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Business as usual with Airbnb. LOL.

@Bill264 

SO true!!! 

This is a perfect example of Airbnb abuse , breach of booking terms and using hosts to their credit towards the traveller at the hosts expense. There is a new EU Legislation coming in to force and they will be in serious trouble if this continues

Sarah978
Level 6
Ithaca, NY

I’m so over ABB’s loopholes, and I’m particularly over having to deal with those loopholes being “explained” to me by someone from ABB who doesn’t have a clue about what they’re saying.