Airbnb won't accept payment- therefore guest cannot book.

Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Airbnb won't accept payment- therefore guest cannot book.

I asked about this yesterday and there has been no resolution yet... the help centre hasn't helped. Could it be because he is trying to book for two months? I allow longer bookings but maybe Airbnb won't accept for some reason (he has apparently been an Airbnb member since 2017). Can anybody suggest why Airbnb will not accept his payment submitted? Thanks for any advice offered, CJ.

10 Replies 10
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Cj61 Did Airbnb specifically say that they won't accept his payment? Or perhaps his payment is being declined?

This is what he emailed me: "im trying yo submit payment but its not letting me. Can yoi please help me from your end" previous guests have sometimes had this problem too.

They just said,  they could not change the guest for this payment and it is still being researched. They said, that the case manager will still pay me , and that is it their responsibility. But it takes too long.

Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

I have received one suggestion (from a Dublin host) and sent it on to him. I'm afraid I've already lost the reservation because of this glitch and because we were unable to get help from Airbnb when we needed it.

Kathryn-and-Paul0
Level 8
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

I have had this problem also with 3 separate  bookings.

I received a message from ABB saying that the payment issue with future  guest Ä"had been resolved. I was not aware there was a problem. Then a few days ago guest messaged me and said AirBNB would not accept payment because of insufficient funds but he had more than enough. Finally that issue was resolved. Then today a guest for next weekend said his payment would not go through. Has anyone else had this problem

I would suggest to the guest he calls Airbnb @Kathryn-and-Paul0 to find out why his payment isn't being accepted.

@Kathryn-and-Paul0 

There's a huge problem at the moment with guest payments not being accepted by Airbnb's system. 

More often than not, Airbnb will use the "guest has insufficient funds" line - but that's not always the case. Tell your guest to go to their account, delete their payment details, and then just re-enter them (even if just using the same card/details as before)

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but worth a shot.. ;))

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Dina542  ^ This might help you! - @Susan17  knows about these things! 

Again we pay ABB a commission fee to handle these issues, not for us to do their work!

Horrible, This seems like a very bad management from ABB. Seems it has not been solved. 

How was the issue resolved? Did ABB suddenly decided to pay?