Aircover - Not covering Stolen items

Answered!
Hizia0
Level 2
Paris, France

Aircover - Not covering Stolen items

Aircover experience is the worst -> run away it’s the biggest lies I’ve never experienced in a customer relation. I’ve got stolen during an Airbnb guest stay and the only answer from Airbnb is this (keep in mind they have no proof they just keep saying this, how comes you keep saying everywhere that you are protecting the host, biggest lie ever…) : Thanks so much for following up. I understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for.

We do our best to fairly and reasonably mediate these cases. In our efforts to be objective, keeping in mind that we were not present during the reservation, we must consider all available documentation and communication when coming to a decision which aligns with our policies and procedures.

We regret that this decision has negatively affected you, but we believe this to be a fair resolution, all things considered.

Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with regard to these disputes, which is outlined in our Terms of Service. Thus, we are unable to reconsider the decision made in this case.

Please know that we are thankful to have you as a host in our community and look forward to the many positive experiences you will have using Airbnb moving forward.

All the best,

1 Best Answer
Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hello, bonjour @Hizia0 ,

https://www.airbnb.fr/resources/hosting-homes/a/everything-you-need-to-know-about-aircover-for-hosts...

If you read the article link, Air Cover does not cover this case at all, indeed because it is an insurance subject and Air Cover isn’t an insurance.

You should have file a police complaint and ask your insurance with the claim. It’s a risk we choose to take when we decide to host in our place. 

I have negotiated with my insurance company and even ask them to come on site to assess the value of the furnitures and else for this specific case of thief by a guest .

Si vous lisez l'article en lien, Air Cover ne couvre pas du tout ce cas, car c'est un sujet d'assurance et Air Cover n'est pas une assurance.

Vous auriez dû déposer plainte au commissariat de police pour le vol et contacter votre assurance habitation. C'est un risque que nous avons choisi de prendre quand nous décidons d’accueillir chez nous.

J'ai négocié avec ma compagnie d’assurance et je leur ai même demandé de venir évaluer le mobilier et le reste pour ce cas particulier du vol  par un voyageur.

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Hizia0 

You are in the French speaking Community Center here, copy your message (if you are still here) in the English one.

good luck

Annie
Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hello, bonjour @Hizia0 ,

https://www.airbnb.fr/resources/hosting-homes/a/everything-you-need-to-know-about-aircover-for-hosts...

If you read the article link, Air Cover does not cover this case at all, indeed because it is an insurance subject and Air Cover isn’t an insurance.

You should have file a police complaint and ask your insurance with the claim. It’s a risk we choose to take when we decide to host in our place. 

I have negotiated with my insurance company and even ask them to come on site to assess the value of the furnitures and else for this specific case of thief by a guest .

Si vous lisez l'article en lien, Air Cover ne couvre pas du tout ce cas, car c'est un sujet d'assurance et Air Cover n'est pas une assurance.

Vous auriez dû déposer plainte au commissariat de police pour le vol et contacter votre assurance habitation. C'est un risque que nous avons choisi de prendre quand nous décidons d’accueillir chez nous.

J'ai négocié avec ma compagnie d’assurance et je leur ai même demandé de venir évaluer le mobilier et le reste pour ce cas particulier du vol  par un voyageur.

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Hizia0 

a horrible experience for you 

@I don't think the guarantee covers stolen property 

Presumably you've filed a police report?

use this to make a claim on your own home insurance for short term lets

Hercules-R-P-Group0
Level 2
Douglasville, GA

AIRCOVER does cover stolen property in writing. It says it right in their language but they do everything to deny coverage which is what corrupt companies do.