Airhost management

Hector371
Level 2
New Brunswick, Canada

Airhost management

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has worked with airhostmanagement in the GTA? Are they legit? I'm planning to use it but I can't find enough information about them. 

IMG-20210303-WA0002.jpg

Thanks

19 Replies 19
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hector371 I would be very suspicious of a company that purports to operate worldwide and yet there are no reviews available when googling them.

Something fishy going on I think

Alexis557
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

@Hector371 Hi Hector! I stumbled upon them as wel... did you end up booking with them?

Hi Alexis! I didn't. I went with Guestable and only because it has some reviews in Google and its web page looks like was running for 7years. So far the place haven't been booked yet. Some things that I don't like about them are that they don't work as a cohost with your own Abnb account. They create an account for your place, with fake DP and no records. Also the contract is so protective that actually you'll be on your own if anything happens so tbh if you live close to the property, it'd be much better you do it yourself with local cleaning company (that's what they do). They do everything over the phone and never go or check your property. Hope this helps and please keep us posted if you find something better. Airhost, I think, acts as a cohost for your account so in that sense there's more control. But again...

Rafic6
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Hector, 

How was your experience since you posted this review? Please advise. I am about to engage them and appreciate some feedback. Thanks 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Early on, we used one of those "management" companies. They make it easy for you. You don't need to do anything (except all of the work... Meet & greet, cleaning, laundry, maintenance...). 

They create your listings, centrally manage them, and blast you out on every platform worldwide. You have no contact with the guests before booking (they handle it for you) , and you're obliged to accept every booking, no matter what. 

They have "professional" writers who write your description based on "statistical analysis" of descriptions that appeal the most. Most will even send out photographers and get their own photos. 

Luckily, we didn't give up our Airbnb listing, we kept control of that ourselves.

The listings created by the company we signed up with were pretty boring. The photographer they sent wasn't very good, and the descriptions they wrote were very dry and technical.

"It is a house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a pool, a kitchen and a terrace. There is free parking". I asked why so lifeless, and they said nobody ever reads the descriptions, so it's better to keep it very short, just the basic facts.

I think their terms were 5% of our take after everybody else's commissions. 

I got one booking from them. The guests were creepy. I cancelled them after that. 

We also came across Airhost management and are very interested in them as they seem to offer more than other property management companies. If anyone has used their services, I would be very interested to hear about their experience. 

Armin271
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

I stayed in a property managed by Airhost Management. It was horrible! The home was not kept well, not supplied, the sub pump in the basement backed up and the basement was flooded with sewage. Additionally, they only provided 3 towels for 12 guests, and promised to send cleaners, but no one ever showed up. Please beware! BAD STARS! They are also indicated in several police reports for creating unsafe living environments.

That’s really strange and sounds super disappointing. We’ve been using Airhost Management for the last year to manage our cottage and I have to say they are nothing short of excellent. We’ve never had an issue with our place not being clean or not having supplies. They also have a 24h hotline and respond to all inquiries rapidly. I was cautious at first but now I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. Our reviews have been positive since we have on-boarded them. Are you able to share the police reports/articles? I’m shocked to hear this. 

I don't have copies of the police reports to share here on Airbnb, but the police reports are filed in Owen Sound, Ontario, for their property in Annan, Ontario. I'm certain you can find them using record checks.

I went through a similar experience. They took my payouts and ran away. Their site is down too now. They are a total fraud! I filed a police report. They went and switched the payout method to their own and blocked me everywhere. 
i have filed a complaint with Airbnb and got their account removed, but I really advise not to go for them

Jannat3
Level 2
Vaughan, Canada

Air host management scammed me! They took my payouts and switched the card on file to their own and ran away. I filed a police report and they still won’t shut down the account with my listing and my name. 
i have tried calling and emailing but no response. 
i am not sure if it were someone with a duplicate email but they are a total scam. 

Hello, I came across your review and wanted to share my perspective I am with them for 5 months now I have had a great experience with them, and I haven't encountered any major issues, just petty things. They have been excellent in their services, always available whenever I need them. Moreover, my property has been managed exceptionally well, and I have consistently received bookings, keeping my property occupied. However, I am truly sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. It is not reflective of my own experience with them, and I would like to know what happened here cause this is so not them. Infact I will reach out to check what happened.

While I understand your frustration, it is essential to approach the situation with fairness. Making accusatory statements out of anger, without considering all the facts might not be the most constructive approach. As a platform for sharing experiences, it is crucial that we use it to help others and provide a balanced view of the company's services.

I have to say, I appreciate the support and assistance I have received from this company. I work full-time and rely on their services to ensure everything runs smoothly. Moreover, their assistance has helped me generate income to pay off my mortgage.

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Hi, 

That may be your experience, but they literally sent me emails saying they USE AI TO GENERATE REVIEWS which I have proof for. 
They never gave me my money, they barely ever replied to clients, I had to baby them, they send me threatening emails, they were absolutely rude and unprofessional. They do not enter into a contract with you. They do not communicate. They fraudulently changed my account on file to their own and took my payouts and ran away. 
if I could post pictures, I would show you the emails they sent me regarding them using AI to generate reviews and how they refuse to pay me even though they are agreeing to the fact that they owe me money.

Also, the way you are commenting makes it certain that you are an insider defending them. They are not registered with the correct address if you search up their company. Their site is down. We will not be having this issue if they transferred me Atleast some of the money they owed me. They do not know how to run a business. I believe if you were being scammed you would react the same way. Going based off the reviews below, there are MANY police reports against them. I am not the only one. 
They also do not have any manners when it comes to communicating. The one main thing ever company thrives in is accountability which they do not care about. I highly do not recommend AirhostManagement at all. Just a word of advice - don’t trust a company that deletes their website every month and has AI generating reviews for them. Find a credible company that gives you a contract and holds accountability.