All listings appear to be hidden by Airbnb over one negative review.

Sayuki10
Level 2
Tokyo, Japan

All listings appear to be hidden by Airbnb over one negative review.

I had my first review yesterday, having started hosting on Airbnb during the pandemic and not had many chances for bookings, but the problem is that it was a 2 star rating (he wanted to cancel the second night complaining about a forgotten booking, itchy bedding and no breakfast) and now it seems all my properties have been delisted (unable to view publicly on other computers, though saying listed on my website)

- Since this was my first booking, I wasn't aware that the email may not land in the Primary section of my email inbox and hence I was only made aware of my first booking fairly late on in the day, though eventually I remembered and allowed him access to my property through a key code, and got a friend to act as the caretaker whilst I was away. Essentially, he was not inconvenienced because he had access to the entire property and my friend prepared the room before the evening.

- We do not offer breakfast.

- The room had been unused for a long time and we obviously do not see any point in cleaning it everyday, but it remained clean and untouched.  My friend did a check of the tidiness in the room and cleaned what was needed, and provided new bedding to the guest. I have no way to verify why the guest felt itchy, but the property is very rural and it might have something to do with that.

We did not provide a refund for the guest because the guest had not submitted a cancellation request. Nor do I have any way to verify when the guest actually left the property because I was unable to be there.

I was wondering why Airbnb had taken my properties off public view when there has only been one review (albeit negative). Surely they need to wait for several reviews before they can do something like that? And why have ALL my properties been taken off, rather than just the listing negatively reviewed?

And obviously I have no way to verify whether the guest is telling me the truth or simply wants money back.

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Sayuki10 

I am so sorry to hear that.

I can still see your listings in your profile, but can’t read the listings.
I believe  the guest “ red flag” your listings and reported the incident to Airbnb.

Mean while,  Airbnb is temporary restricted your account and listings for future investigation.

Do contact Airbnb Support Help Centre, “ Live Chat “ with the Airbnb Ambassador  [ not an Airbnb bot, you just need to go forward to the end “I still need help” ] acknowledge to the team of the incident, reports to the team you can’t access to your listings, request the team to remind the case manager who’s restricted your account to contact you immediately and remind them is a “ urgent” case.

Also, to request the team open a reference number or indicate the case issue # for you to track the update.

You may not get an answer at so soon, do often to “Chat”  with the team, reminded them your case.

Do always keep your phone beside you and often check your messages for the update. I surely Airbnb will contact you to hear from your side of the incident.

The guest stated, “ the promise breakfast”,  did your listing announcements with breakfast?

or maybe you mistaken by pushing the bed and breakfast button. 

As a matter of fact, you has done well!

You has response to the the public in the review, and explained the incident.

Yet, in the future do contact Airbnb in the first place to acknowledge any issues with the guest.

I hope you can resolve the issue with Airbnb and reactive your accounts.

James2566
Level 9
Holetown, Barbados

This doesn’t sound very professional or organized. Maybe some more planning and waiting until you’re fully on the ball to try again. You likely don’t have enough history for this one to slide, especially if the guest submitted photo evidence to support their negative experience. I don’t see any mention of host responsibility for any of the discomfort. Things happen, we learn and grow from it and do better. Definitely not a super host experience like AirBnb would like to see. Learn from it and increase the standards. Try sleeping in the accommodation to see why it’s itchy. 

The Johnsons
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Sayuki10 

I hope Airbnb reactive your listing and update you the results. Of your case.