Allowing a modified minimum one night stay on a weekend

Matt101
Level 1
Alexandria, VA

Allowing a modified minimum one night stay on a weekend

We have minimum 2 nights on weekend staying a friday or saturday but have one week where someone is staying 3 nights and checking out saturday.  Is there anyway to overide the weekend requirement to try to get reservations for the single saturday night that would otherwise go unused without a satuday/sunday reservation other than temporarily cancelling the 2 night min requirement?

9 Replies 9

I think this will work, try:  Go to your calendar, availability settings, reservation preferences, "add a requirement".  For the weekend you are trying to change, add a requirement of only one night minimum.  I think this set of "rules" is read first before the typical nighly minimum when guests are searching and booking.  

Thanks....I believe I tried this but I think adding another rule doesnt negate the existing 2 night minimum.  I'll try again though.  

It's difficult to know what rule strategy they use with Airbnb.  If it doesn't work, definitely add it to "host voice" which is the parking lot for host's suggesting improvements.  I think others may want that option as well. 

I've been extremely frustrated about not being able to over ride the weekend minimum - especially now that I find myself having to use Instant Book. I've already sggested it to airbnb on the phone. 

Where is host voice?

I agree that this is a problem.  You can override your default minimum stay by specifying a different minimum stay for specific dates.  However you can't override a weekend minimum stay requirement with a specific dates requirement.  This needs to be changed to give hosts better control!

Agreed! I also require that option!

I agree, it should be a no brainer for airbnb to implement as it would create them (Airbnb) more heads in their beds and that means more CASH for their shareholders

Joe527
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

Here's how I did it.  I removed the 2-night min from all wekends, so I could rent that lone Friday that open, and then went in and added a special requirement for each weekend in my near future.  I selected Fri/Sat the 3rd and 4th.. and set a 2 night min.  THen I selected Fri/Sat the 10th/11th and set a 2 night mn... etc for the several weekends I have open.  As soon as the offending Friday passes,  I will remove all that and go back to a general weekend rule of 2 night mins.  I hope that works and I hope this helps.

Renee285
Level 1
Mammoth Lakes, CA

Great idea Joe528!  I have the same issue right now!  There should be an easier way...