Almost Superhost But Moving Soon...

Monique119
Level 2
Miami, FL

Almost Superhost But Moving Soon...

Hello,

By the next assessement I will have superhost status. However, in June I am relocating and deactivating my listing. I will eventually start a new listing later this year at my new place. Will I still be able to get superhost status if I deactivate before the assessement period? Does superhost status follow the host or is it not transferable to another listing? Thanks for any advice. 

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Monique119

Monique your profile and your reviews stay with you if you move from one location to another. It will simply say on your new listing 'This host has reviews of other listings' but you will retain them.

As far as Superhost status is concerned you have to acheive it first before worrying about loosing it!!

The criteria for superhost status are what has happened over the preceeding 12 months and if you are inactive for a three month period or more it will not affect your status as long as at each quarterly assessment you have that required criteria.

You can for example aquire superhost by hosting over a twelve month period 10 trips with a 90% response rate with 80% 5 star reviews. If you do not host for 3 months you will probably loose your status because some of those hostings would have fallen in the same 3 month period the year before and would no longer be assessed.

But if you hosted 25 trips in the previous 12 months and did not host for 3 months then you would no doubt still have above the required 10 trip minimum and you would retain your status...can you understand any of that.

Last year we did not host for 6 months but still retained our status because for each quarter we still exceeded the yearly minimum for that assessment period.

I hope that makes sense, I can't think of a better way to explain it than that! Someone else probably can.

All the best....cheers.....Rob