Alternation request on the check in day

Mouy0
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Alternation request on the check in day

Guy need your advice?
I have a guest supposed to check in today, but send me a request to alter the date at the last minute. How do you handle with this situation?

4 Replies 4
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Mouy0 

Watch out for the new date. Some use this feature to circumvent your listing cancellation policy.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

This is a well-known scam.  If you accept it, they have 48 hours to get a free cancellation and you will lose the money. 

Tell the guest to cancel so you may then be able to rebook.  If you get new guests, after payment from Air, you then would be able to offer refund for days that were rebooked. 

You may even be contacted by Air to coerce you.  Do not bend or give in.  Just tell them that you are sticking with your cancellation policy. 

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Mouy0   Yes, do be very careful Mou.  Guests who want to change dates at the last minute are usually getting around your cancellation policy.  They will have 48 hours to FREE cancel after changing their dates.  I think that AirBNB should tackle this problem urgently.  Anthony

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mouy0 I think people posting here are wrong. Changing the date doesn't reset the time with respect to a 48 hr cancellation. What it will do though is leave you with an unrented space as it is highly unlikely to get rebooked at short notice.