Alternative pricing options..2 nights, 3 nights, 4 nights...

Graham81
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Alternative pricing options..2 nights, 3 nights, 4 nights...

I have been hosting for over  7 years now, and let's be honest, the one night guests are the ones that overall cause you the most effort and time, I am not complaing but when offering discounts on pricing, the next pricing range is WEEKLY, of which we probably all offer a fair discount. I personally think most one night prices are good value for money considering the time and effort that is made by the hosts, I would like to give a progressive discount for 2 nights and 3 nights etc but there are no options to do so, maybe the website ' software can be updated / modified to enable us to do this. Of course, it would be nice if it was incorporated in the Search Engine, then for instance a room for one night may be  priced at £39 as opposed to another property priced at £37 per night, but I personally would offer the second night at £34 which would make the booking a £1 cheaper for 2 nights and even cheaper for 3 nights. I wonder if this is possible

5 Replies 5
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Graham81 yes, go look at your pricing options, here I can offer discounts on any combination of days: 2,3,4,5,6,etc.

This is relatively new, has been an option here for a month or more I think

Kelly:

Can you be a little more specific? I don't see that option on my hosting web site page.  My first section is "Nightly price," and the next section is "Length of say discounts." I would think you are referring to the latter; however, it only allows me to specify weekly and monthly discounts. So I wonder if you can provide additional guidance on how to specify discounts on any combination of day?

Thanks so much for your time, --George

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I have looked for this too, as I would embrace it wholly. But it must be  a trial in certain areas/users only. We have to wait for it to be available across the platform I think! Great move.

June64
Level 2
High Springs, FL

I also wish to do the same; ie offer discounts for the second and third night.  I believe the cleaning fee is Air BNB's way of accomodating such a request.  If you charge a cleaning fee it is usually for the first night only.  So untilmately you can lower all prices and charge a cleaning fee for the first night to raise the price for the first night.  I don't like that option because you are likely only reimbursed for the price of the room if someone cancels, and we all know we clean ahead of time.  Also, my friends all say they wont stay anywhere there is a cleaning fee.  They see it as an extra vs the discount.  I wish the cleaning fee option could be replaced somehow with a first night charge.  If Air bnb offered  this across the board the customers would get accustomed to it.  Or they could have their program calcualte the discounts for the extra nights.  I hope they make this change soon.  

I have the same question!  I have come to realize that my nightly rate is fair, but now I keep getting one night reservations for Saturday which block the rest of the weekend. I wouldn't mind opening that option up day four days before the weekend, but I don't like it to always be available.  Or I would like to increase the rate for a single night's booking.