Am I publishing my listing too soon?

Joshua499
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Am I publishing my listing too soon?

Hi,

A bit of context, I currently have a tenant in my apartment and will be looking to take my first guests from May onwards and therefore have the calendar blocked out until she leaves. In the UK we have just had the announcement that holiday lets will be open from April 12th and I want to take advantage of this news and start getting some bookings on the calendar.

My question is, is it a bad move publishing the listing this far out, and not being able to make most of the new host 'boost'. I will not have any guests in for another two months yet, and therefor will not have any reviews after the boost ends and I worry this will be unfavourable to both Airbnb's algorithms, and potential guests.

Any advice on this would be fantastic, and I apologise if this has been covered before.

Kind Regards,

Josh

3 Replies 3
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Joshua499 

It's difficult to say, some locations have bookings well in advance and other places can be more last minute.

Have a peek at live listings in your neighbourhood similar to what you are ready to offer, check their calendars to get an idea of their availability and booked days at this point as well as intel on prices and discount levels.

If there doesn't seem to be many booked dates so far, consider holding out to around Easter when activity traditionally heats up.

New host boost used to be for around five weeks duration.

Joshua499
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Elena,

Thank you for getting back to me. It does look like places are being booked well in advance, but I think you're right it may be worth holding off for another month yet.

Kind Regards,

Josh

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It depends on whether you can take photos of the listing as it will look when you do STRs.

If so, list it now. @Joshua499