Amazing project in the KCMO Art district - need input

Amazing project in the KCMO Art district - need input

I am helping to repurpose a 20,000 SF building in the heart of the art district in Kansas City, MO. 

There is a 3500 portion of the second floor that was historically used as office spaces in the late 20s. All of the original walls, doors (with hand painted numbers), and original charm is still in place. The second floor overlooks a popular local shopping district, and this building has been underutilized for a long long time.

I'm trying to determine how to arrange the listing. Should I do 8 private bedrooms, 3 shared bathrooms, and 1 shared kitchen + outdoor courtyard OR should I take the initial plunge and the expense to put in 8 private bathrooms and kitchenettes and spin it as a boutique hotel?

2 Replies 2
William834
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

That depend on what your try to aim for old school with touch of mondon look 

are just keep it basic old school style

as me i love old school look it my home is 225 yrs. and i love.

you might to go with more bathroom 

this just my 2 cents

i would love to talk more may be drop an couple sudjection

Hi Spencer77.  I would be glad to discuss your property and potential project in the Art area disctrict.  I am an architect and property consultant.  The location and existing structure sounds fantastic.  I would be more than happy to help you with some ideas, and project possibilites for rental.  Please send me an email or message and we can discuss.  chris.propertyconsultant@gmail.com

Thanks!