Amending the # of people half way thru.. can this be done?

Amending the # of people half way thru.. can this be done?

I have an inquiry for a husband and wife. He would like to book for one week as his daughter is having a baby in our town. For the last two days his mother would like to also come. We can accomadate in a separate room (all one listing) and do the extra person fee. 

Can he amend his reservation and add a person for only a portion of the stay?

3 Replies 3

update: I just declined them,,, After I said I would check how to do this, they wrote back that the third person is 85 and pretty mobile. Both rooms are upstairs and they had requested a private entrance.. 

BUT still interested if an amendment to the reservation can be to add a person.. midway thru.

thanks.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kendall-and-Derek0 I believe if he amends the guest count it will charge him for the whole stay the extra fee. In this case I would use the Request Money option and add the whole cost for her time in one lump sum. He approves it and your both happy. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Letti0 is correct-- the resolution center is the easiest way to address this. Another would be with a special offer where you adjust the price according to the plan, but with the resolution center you will skip Airbnb fees. When the math works (which it won't with just one person) I have also added fewer people for the whole stay. For example, if two additional people are coming for 1/2 the stay, just add one additional person for the whole stay. No way to add half a person, though.  🙂