Amenities

Amenities

Hello, we have a villa listing in Airbnb, and in the amenities we select Breakfast is provided. In our listing details we explain that we offer this service for a reasonable price. Now we have a client and she claim that we must give her breakfast for free... is this correct even when we explain that is not included in our listing?? Please if anyone can help us to clarify this... Thanks in advance, Fidel and Danay

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Fidel-And-Danay0  Yes it is correct you are advertising it as Free Breakfast on your listing. I just posted this to someone else with the same issue. 

Go to your dashboard then Listing. Scroll down to Amenities and hit Edit scroll down to Addtional and click Edit Scroll down to Special Amenities and uncheck Breakfast. Don't forget to save it. The free breakfast message goes away. You can tell people when they book that you can have breakfast available for them if they want and the menu with pricing is listed on your listing. Then no more hits for Free Breakfast.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-s-failure-to-upgrade-product-despite-of-giving-fe...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fidel-And-Danay0   Anything listed under Amenities is not something you can charge for. It is included, just like the bedding and towels. Do as Letitia directed you.

Fidel15
Level 1
Havana, Cuba

Hello and thanks all for yours answers and help. I call Airbnb Support and they told me something different, and as I expect it not necessarily means that is free the breakfast.

For me it can be misleading so to avoid problems in the future I took it off. The same way they have Free parking or Paid parking in the same amenities they should change this also. Thanks again to all of you!!! Regards from Cuba, Fidel and Danay 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fidel15   Unfortunately, there are often Airbnb support staff who don't really know what they're talking about.

"Provided" on the Airbnb platform means that it is included in the price, unless they have a distinction for you to choose, like the Free vs. Paid Parking - what you are offering is "Breakfast available for an additional fee".  But since there's no check box for that, it has to be noted elsewhere.

I have the same problem with "Wifi" which only lists "continuous", Ethernet, or Pocket Wifi. None of those is an accurate description of my Wifi connection which is a cell data connection. It's metered and expensive, so it gets turned on when I or a guest need to use it.