Amenities

Lydia94
Level 10
Cleveland, OH

Amenities

I started to put a safe in each of my guest rooms for personal belongings. I like to see it under the Amenities.

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Do you think a traveler would use the search function for a safe?  That is what the listed amenities are for.  If you think there is a demand, include it in your description or even work it into your title.  Also, have a picture of it in your first 5 pictures.  Guests usually look a pictures before reading the description.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lydia94 @Linda108

Lydia it would be nice to have everthing we may offer listed in amenities, and I agree that a 'safe' is quite a major feature but they needed to draw the line somewhere.

What I have done is a composite photo of some of the things I offer, including a safe and I have included this as one of my listing photos.

amenities c.png

Maybe you could do something along similar lines..

Cheers......Rob

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lydia94

we have a safe in both apartments. User manual is on A4 paper . I never managed to figure it out so Silvia was in charge to set the code and everything. Guests rarely used it and when they did then something always went wrong - the cord of their photo camera gets stuck in the door, bateries died and it starts beeping, guest didn't turn the handle in perferct 90 degree angle and coudn't open it - now imagine a guest panicking because he can't open the safe and he has a flght to catch!

.it is just too much trouble so we don't offer it any more. We had too much guests struggling to operate the most common european lock and keys, ikea window blinds and the simplest faucets. 

Lydia94
Level 10
Cleveland, OH

Hi Bronka and Silvia, 

Thanks for pointing out the problems you run into. I also remember having problems once in a Hotel in Vienna, so I purchased safes with key and keyless. The reason for the safe is because my guests are all long-term 1 to 3 months and from around the world and last month a guest lost his wallet why working at the Cleveland clinic for his observership. We all feel very bad. I like to provide the best possible service to my guests and so far we had no problems. Thanks again and happy new year

Lydia 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

I like the idea of the safe to be an amenity too.

It does not necessarily have to be a filter. But it would be nice to just add it to the amenity list.

As we have a safe too. It will give guest more assurance, this is a safe place.